1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP NEEDED!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by R1chie, Apr 18, 2005.

1. R1chie

R1chie Member

wen i got my ps2 modchipped i was told it was a " matrix infinity "
    being installed.

so far everygame i have tried to backup has worked perfectly

now with the release of the v1.4 firmware for the chip i have found out that my chip is a so called " bootleg chip " because the update did not work.

so i have a couple of questions.

q.1 is there a possibility that my chip is totally a different type and is there a way ( without opening it up ) to find out what it is.

q.2 is there any other that i can get my gt4 to work without having a hdd. etc.

thanx

2. R1chie

R1chie Member

any help plzzzz

cheers

3. alanld

alanld Guest

1...there has been alot of mod chip cloning. They clone the chip with cheaper materials, and sell it under the brand name. I am not sure if this is what happened with yours or not. No, I don't think that you will be able to find out exactly what it is, without opening it. Even then, you probably won't be able to tell by looking...

2...not at the current time.

4. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

you can convert the dvd9 gt4 to dvd5 format, there are many listings in the forums on how to do this. as for clones you eather have the matrix infinity se or the modbo chip these are both clones of the matrix infinity chip.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/144974

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005