1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!!! Nero 7 DVD Menu Freezes

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mwinkler, Jun 10, 2007.

1. mwinkler

mwinkler Member

I have created a DVD with 4 titles and a menu. When I play the DVD, everything seems OK except that when trying to navigate my menu, it freezes, then goes,then freezes,then go. Any fixes?

2. salinger

salinger Regular member

Can you tell me on what media you try playing it? If it is DvD, then this problem is not new because some DvD players have issues playing homemade DvD"s with menus, and multiple titles. If it is on PC, you should try burning the tiltles on separate Dvd's, becuase again, you might be overloading your CPU. (Centra Proccesing Unit). This would explain the freezing and unfreezing becuase your processor and CPU need a while to calculate 4 different titles at once. By the way, do you have a dual core proccessor?

3. mwinkler

mwinkler Member

I am having the trouble with my DVD player - LG HDD which I bought last year, so it is fairly new.

4. mwinkler

mwinkler Member

How do I know if I have a dual core processor?

5. salinger

salinger Regular member

First off, burn the files to SEPATARATE DVD's

The answer to your second question is; look for a Dual Core sign on your PC; it should look something like this:
    [​IMG]
    It may also resenble this:
    [​IMG]

6. mwinkler

mwinkler Member

I don't have a dual core processor. When I go to properties in "My Computer" and click on the + sign, it says "ACPI Uniprocessor PC" which I guess means I have a Uniprocessor. Aren't I clever!!!! Also to your suggestion of burning my files to different DVD's, how would I then be able to play my "4 titles" (on one DVD) and have a menu (now happily sitting by itself on a second DVD) to navigate through these 4 titles? I am rather new at this. Also a new question: what about the audio / video out of sync problem that Nero 7 seems to have, any suggestions?

7. salinger

salinger Regular member

OK...I'll explain this to you well as i can. You only have a one core processor so your computer cant compute a high data income at once. This means playing a Dvd media with 4 titles. How do you want 1 processor to do this? For your second nero questions; there is no video/audio sync problem. If you do expirience these, burn at the slowest speed and close all other applications while doing this. OK...your last question was on how to burn 4 titles with a menu (this might be the solution i forgot to think of). To do this, you have to tell me which nero version and what quality (Normal, Ultra) you have. From there i can give you step-to-step instructions.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007