1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! nero is driving me nuts!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by babypearl, Sep 28, 2007.

1. babypearl

babypearl Member

ok, my nero was working fine 2 weeks ago when i burnt a DVD. Today, im trying to burn a audio CD, but when i click on burn a message pops up saying..."disc required for compiliation- CDR/RW. Please insert empty disc" I am using the correct CD-R discs and they are brand new. Ive tried trying other CD's and it still doesnt work. HELP! wats wrong with it!! My burner is internal. It came with the dell computer. Somebody please help!!

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

what version of nero do you have?

if you have nero 6 update it to 6.6.0.18

if you have nero 7 use 7.8.5.0 or above

try doing a clean reinstall of nero also

3. babypearl

babypearl Member

I did that yesterday. Originally, i was using Nero 6. I upgraded to Nero 7 Yesterday and it still says the same thing. Ive also tried using Window Media Player to burn as well..and the same msg pops up. You think its my burner problem? If so, what can i do about it besides buying a new burner. This burner is only 2 years old and i hardly even use it. Is there some kinda settings that i can adjust on the burner? =/

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

5. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Firmware update perhaps, post the model number of you burner, then go here and look for the corresponding firmware to match your burner.
    To find your burner's ID, go to my computer, highlight your burner, right click the drive, select properties, then click on the hardware tab. this will display you burner model number.
    Or, in Nero, go to the tools section, launch Nero InfoTool, then wait for it to finish looking at your computer. Click on the drive tab, and in the upper corner look for the firmware version and report back to us with it.

Firmware update page.

Beaten to the punch by aabbccdd. drats!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  6. attar

attar Senior member

I know you are using Nero to burn the CD, but can you burn a CD using XP.
    Can you drag and drop a file to the burner and will it burn?
    If not, try going into the burner properties and turn 'Recording' off, reboot then turn 'Recording' on.

If that fails, try uninstalling the IDE controller that the burner is connected to and reboot.