1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!! Nero is making me mad!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by ncec, Mar 10, 2007.

1. ncec

ncec Member

I just got a Sony DVD burner for my computer and Nero came with it.
    Im getting really upset with it, because when I take a movie I got from morpheus and burn it onto a DVD then I put it into my regular DVD player it says NO DISC. The files are avi or mpg. What do I do?

I finally got a movie on a DVD and it said it wouldnt fit, but then when I try making a data dvd, I could fit 4-5 videos on it but then again it doesnt work in my regualar dvd player.

I've used 8 dvds trying this, I cant waste any more trying this. I need to get this down. I dont nero! Please help.

2. Corypolo

Corypolo Member

Hi ncec; I'm a newbie to this forum too..but not to Nero.

Nero is actually a suite of applications; the specific app to encode videos for dvd is called "Nero Vision". In short, a tutorial for what you want to do is here.

3. TodUK

TodUK Member

hi i love nero but if i want to do avi to dvd to watch on a DVD player then i would go for ConvertXToDVD its quicker then nero and i have never had a problem with it

4. Corypolo

Corypolo Member

[just piggybacking] I've heard great things about Convertxtodvd too. There's actually a number of applications quicker than Nero, but I favor it for (A) reliability and (B) crazy customizableness (yes, I just invented that word).

5. zapatero

zapatero Member

Back to basics:
    1. An AVI video cannot be burned directly to a DVD if it is to be watched on a TV.
    2. It must be converted to a DVD-Video format (MPEG-2). This can be done with Nero Vision.
    3. Nero Vision does not handle all AVIs. If an error message "Unable to insert..." appears, the AVI must be converted to another format (such as WMV)with another program and then burned with Nero Vision, or burned directly to DVD-Video with another program.

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@Corypolo,
    I cannot see why you have referred member to another site as there are very good guides made by our own members at AD, the one you referr to has been done by one of our most senior members named alkohol. Other excellent guides on this site have been compiled by bbmayo...and thats only to name 2.
    I see you are a moderator at that particular site.

7. res2cue

res2cue Guest

He referred the person to a guide that he created... who cares if it's on another site? Alkohol has great guides, but since when are they the only ones allowed to be referenced?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2007
  8. Corypolo

Corypolo Member

Hi gwendolin.

My apologies; I meant no offense nor was I trying to 'self-promote'. I only thought of my own tutorial because, well, why wouldn't I be able to quickly reference my own work? (you might have missed that I'm actually a *retired* moderator of the other site [at my own request, btw])

And agreed: this very site has excellent tutorials and there have been many times I've referred people to them (and did at least once or twice do so in my replies here today).

But I wasn't trying to turn people "away" from this site but rather towards information I could quickly think of at that moment.

Either way, isn't it good that information is plentiful rather than sparse?!

9. Corypolo

Corypolo Member

10. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@res2cue, I really dont care what you post...your opinion to me doesnt count!!

@Corypolo,

I think you will find this an excellent forum, MOST members are friendly and engaging, Cheers and welcome, Nero can certainly use some qualified responses.

11. res2cue

res2cue Guest

lol too funny...

12. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@res2cue,

Another useless post to increase your POST COUNT

If you cannot assist then DONT respond

13. res2cue

res2cue Guest

have you counted your useless posts? Trust me, I do not try to boost my post count. Who's the addict? You post, questioning someone elses post of link you didn't approve of and you have the nerve to call my posts useless? Too funny. Done with you.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2007
  14. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

6,438 and Good Riddance to you too