1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help: Nero not working.....

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bigpops45, Jan 28, 2003.

1. bigpops45

bigpops45 Guest

I've been trying to back up some of my DVD's, I ripped 'em, stripped 'em, and all that. However, when I try to burn them to disc with Nero, I put the files in the right folder, hit the burn button, and then it just sits there. The next screen (the writing screen) come up, but it doesn't do anything. I close it, and it then says that the program is not responding. Does anybody know what's up??? Also, can anyone recommend another burning program if Nero doesn't work for me? Oh, I'm using +RW if that matters. Thanks a bunch guys.

2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

i'd check out stomp recordnow 4.5

to burn a movie, just make a data dvd, make two folders, AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS and put your movie files in the video_ts folder and burn..
    it should work in almost any dvd player, including the very picky xbox!
    peace
    seamonkey420

3. Davemusic

Davemusic Member

I had the exact same problem with Nero in XP with all disc types. However, I was running a dual boot with Windows 98. In 98, everything worked fine. I've since gone with only XP and Nero works fine. I'm still not sure if it was the dual boot, possibly 2 versions of Nero installed on the same computer, or something else. Nero.com sent me a "clean sweep" uninstaller that I used to install/reinstall. The only lucky thing was that the burn process didn't go far enough to ruin the disc.

Dave