1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

::Help:: No Cable coming up on Monitor

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Cobe, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Cobe

Cobe Member

Hi guys

Ive just finished building my PC and switched it on..All seems to be working by the sounds its making but I have No Cable written on my monitor.. I have checked all cable connections inside and out on the graphics card and monitor.

I am running a Geforce 8800 GTS Video card.

I also have the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard.

I have a theory that if the mother board has an On board video display then obviousely before a new graphics card will work the on board one will have to be disabled..But..I need a working screen in order to see what im doing in BIOS mode.

Does this Mobo have on board graphcis Display ??? on the back on the system where you have the plug sockets for the on board sound.. There is no plug socket for the monitor thus im assuming there is no on board display.. thats assuming that the plug the monitor would go into is a regular VGA socket. (There is also no DVI socket)

Other than that all I can think of is that the Graphics card is not working properly.. Although the built in fan on the card is working fine.

Any help would be much appreciated..

Thanks in advance..

Cobe

2. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

You could try to see if it does by taking out your 8800 and powering up. Have you connected all power cables, and pushed the card into the PCI-e slot far enough? All of the gold on the card should be inside of the PCI-e slot - none visible.

3. nasayin

nasayin Regular member

Here are your options..

1. Check your cables
    2. Reseat the graphic cards
    3. Try another video card
    4. Test out your monitor

Also make sure the 4 pin 12V power is plugged in..

4. Cobe

Cobe Member

Hey guys..Thanks for the replies.. Yeah all cables are plugged in..Monitor works on other computers.. the card is firmly inserted fully.. although i have it in my PCI-E slot but there is a seperate bit of card with the gold that is not in the slot due to the slot not being long enough..dunno if that part is supposed to go in but obviousely all PCI-E x16 slots are the same in size and this card is made for that exact slot..

5. nasayin

nasayin Regular member

Did you check that you have plugged in the 4 pin 12V power plug? Couple of years ago, I forgot to plug that in and did not have any video. Once I plugged that in, I was good to go.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

might also have a psu issue if power is connected to videocard as in not enough power.