1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! No DVD playback on any software 'cept DVD Shrink.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by PCDQueue, Jul 15, 2007.

1. PCDQueue

PCDQueue Member

Hi y'all.

I just re-installed Windows XP on this here computer, with a new vid. card and all (Radeon X1950XT).

Anyhow, I've tried DVD playbck just to see how the Radeon'd display all them soon-to-be not-so-purty movies -- and neither of my two software players worked: neither Interactual or Intervideo WinDVD.

Howere, Shrink played bck everythin' just perfect.

Anyone know what this might be a symptom of, other than Shrink kicking butt?

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. PCDQueue

PCDQueue Member

It is useful, that download. Definitely a keeper.

As for the missing decorder, I don't know why either Inter or Inter would install on Windows without one.... doesn't make sense in the least.

4. attar

attar Senior member

I believe there was contention of some kind regarding a claim to proprietary rights so Microsoft (to avoid paying large $$) went with none.
    The free VLC and Media Player Classic are open, non profit and not worth suing.

5. witenoiz

witenoiz Regular member

I have a question PCDQueu - How on Earth do you get DVD Shrink to PLAYa movie. Since reading your question, I have tried to play 6 different DVD's using Shrink and can't open anything. Nero Show or whatever should work, Windows Media Player - heck, even WinAmp will play them. I normally install Intervideo Win DVD to get at least 1 codec going. VLC is a must for me and I finally discovered MPlayer - Media Player will play anything Download said it was for a Mac but there is a Windows version. You said re-installed XP - so it's not that other problem (ahem Vista) Jack

6. attar

attar Senior member

Press 'Open Disc'
    The DVD is scanned and 'Main Movie is highlighted.
    Press play.

[​IMG]

7. witenoiz

witenoiz Regular member

Wow! I've been using this program for maybe 4 years and never noticed! I would guess that would be and I D 10 T error on my part. I feel about as stupid as I did when I saw a tech rip a track from a CD using Windows Media Player. It's the simple stuff I don't understand. Thanks attar I really do think that is valuable information. BLUSH Jack