1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP - No Life in my Laptop

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by macarooon, Jul 18, 2007.

1. macarooon

macarooon Member

I dont now whether this is the right forum but:-
    I have fujitsu seimen lifebook laptop, recently it does not want to power up, either with power supply or battery (absolutely nothing seems to be dislayed on the screen).It seems to want to turn on (fan seems to kick in), but he powercuts out after few seconds.I have done the "electric static" build up test but to no avail.
    Is it ready for the knackers yard or can it be revived with little cost?
    Any advice/suggestion fratefuly appreciated.

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

It turns off after a few seconds? That could be various things, depends how old it is I suppose. If you're confident about disassembling laptops you can have a look around, reattach the CPU heatsink, try a different battery or whatever. If none of that works, you can either have it repaired, or in your words send it to the knackers yard.

3. macarooon

macarooon Member

Sorry not really faniliar with dismantling the laptop, but do you think the CPU heatshrink is dettached? and is it easily visible and accessible?

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Well, all sorts of things could have happened, that's one of them. Thing is, they don't detach themselves, they're usually pretty secure, so I'm not sure. It may be wise to check the power connections to everything first. The heatsink's quite easily accessible, so it's worth having a look just in case.