1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! No luck burning mp3's to CD-R

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by mcsauer, Sep 29, 2004.

1. mcsauer

mcsauer Member

O.K. I am completely frustrated. I am trying to burn .mp3's and .wma's onto CD-R's. I'm using a Lite-On DVDRW LDW-811S and Nero 6. Should be simple, I know, but IT JUST WON'T WORK! Sometimes it gets stuck at 5% and locks up, other times it finishes and shows successful. Some of those play o.k. in a normal CD player, but by the time you get to song #6, the quality starts getting so bad you just can't stand it. Others just won't play, even though it shows the files being there. The burned files show as .cda's. I just don't understand the talk about .bin's and such. I haven't found a guide that is helpful to me. I have to be missing something. Somebody please start from scratch or tell me there is a better program to do this. Thanks.

2. mcsauer

mcsauer Member

BTW, to answer some questions in advance:
    I am using Nero Burning Rom, rather that Nero Express.

I don't know the brand of CD-R's I'm using, but I know they came in a very large pack from OfficeMax. Probably a mistake.

I am running the maximum read speed test.

I am writing at 8x, the minimum speed available to me.

I am using Error control and buffer underrun protection and disc-at-once.

3. bigl2007

bigl2007 Member

i have no problem with burning mp3 wav cd's with nero i have nero 5.10 but it seems the the problem here well i have broughta 30 pack from office max cd-r but i think its this ok go to nero and try to find out if it says this cd has no medium if it has no medium it hasnt been used being that it is a cd r do you have nero express use that i think the reason why is nero burning rom is more so for burning copies or burning audio but if you use the nero express click on under data cd and and under aduio where it says mp3 and wav cd then you burn the mp3 wav files to a cd by first putting the mp3 wav files in one folder and then highlight them all select it to burn those and with nero express it should work if you do not have nero express i dont know if i can help you i got nero express and nero burning rom if you installed nero on your computer you should have installed the full installation and stuff or you can get it registered and ask the nero company to help you with that but it should work i have no problem buring cd-r from office max