1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Normally so good at this kind of thing

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by batespcm, Jun 23, 2007.

1. batespcm

batespcm Guest

This is the first time i have ever tried to mod a console

If i flash it do i need to buy any kit to do it i have a sata hard drive and cable so do i need anything else?

my 360 is a hitachi

sorry i bet you get this question all the time i mod on many forums it can be annoying

i have read several tutorials but cannot help but think i am missing something

your input will be greatly appreciated

2. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

For a good guide you should look at text books guide to modding 360's which can be found on HERE
    I wouldn't flash a Hitachi drive just yet, a new firmware is on the way for those drives so i'd wait a few days until it comes out, unless you don't use xbox live.

You don't need a sata hard drive but you will need a compatible sata card or motherboard that will pick up your drive in windows. I believe the Sil 3112 /3114 chipsets work for Hitachi's. there are others but I think they are the most compatible. (this is listed in text books guide)

You may also want a connectivity kit to power the drive but this is not essential as you could use the console itself for power.

I weould suggest just reading up on it and when you think you are ready, read a bit more just to make certain then go for it :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2007
  3. batespcm

batespcm Guest

many thanks shinnster - i know yet another noob Question can be irksome to say the least

i am not gonna bother with XBL once its flashed so that isnt really an issue to me anyway

4. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

well if you're sure about not using live then you can flash it with the current firmware thats out (C4EVA_XTRM-HITACHI_v2_4_Stealth) and then you will be able to play backups with out a problem.

5. batespcm

batespcm Guest

had no pc for a week or so just wanted to come by and say thanks again

6. elokito

elokito Regular member

u need a pc to flash the drive but to burn games on a mac just use "iburn360"

7. batespcm

batespcm Guest

got a new pc with a sata connection

dont have a mac tho shame