1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - Not working

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by smajtczak, Feb 7, 2007.

1. smajtczak

smajtczak Member

I am trying to copy my wedding dvd which was made by a videographer. It was made using Pinnacle systems. DVD Shrink cannot read it, DVD Decrypter gets errors and using Nero tells me my DVD is not large enough.
    Is there a program that would work well to copy something like this?
    Help!!!
    Thanks

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

What is the file format for this DVD and how large is the video file? If it has the normal Video_TS folder it will contain IFO, BUP and VOB files. If it's too large for a single DVD, it sounds like you're trying to copy from a DVD9 to a DVD5. If that's the case, you may want to copy to another dual layer disc. If the DVD isn't protected, and it shouldn't be, you can use the Nero Copy DVD utility found in the Start Smart window. If you want to compress, you can use Recode which is another program in Nero. Hopefully you're talking about the full version of Nero 7 and not an OEM.

3. smajtczak

smajtczak Member

Thank you for your help. I am new to this so I hope this is the info you need below. I have tried buying the dual layer dvds but get an error message with that too.
    Is there any way to copy this?
    HELP!!

VIDEO_TS.BUP 12KB
    VIDEO_TS.IFO 12KB
    VIDEO_TS.VOB 44KB
    VTS_01_0.BUP 50KB
    VTS_01_0.IFO 50KB
    VTS_01_0.VOB 9,782KB
    VTS_01_1.VOB 921,890KB
    VTS_01_2.VOB 922.014KB
    VTS_01_3.VOB 922,008KB
    VTS_01_4.VOB 922,034KB
    VTS_01_5.VOB 404,098KB

4. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

This looks like a normal file structure. Try using a program like ripit4me found at http://www.ripit4me.org or dvdfabdecrypter at http://www.dvdidle.com (down at the bottom click free stuff).

Looks like you have shrink and decrypter already so you are in good shape to start with ripit. It will be useful for newer backups as well.
    Download the exe and the installer exe from ripit. Double click the installer. Let it go and then insert your disk. It should open it.

Let us know, you should have your wedding video! It may be that they put something sneaky on it so that you have to buy from them????? But you purchased, it it is yours. You deserve to make a backup!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Kitty
    This one may not need decryption. It's a high quality home video made by a professional. If Nero opens it and only comments on the size of the media, using the right media and/or the right program from the suite is all that's needed. Shrink can sometimes be a bit fussy about home video and that's what the retail suites are more geared toward.

6. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

OK thanks, so then as I understand it the retail nero recode would compress this if Shrink (& other non-retail's) have issues.

Remarkably then I have had good results using Shrink with video footage taken of the band, and also my little sister's short film works. It must hinge on something I do not fully comprehend...lol...not new!

Thanks again Pac

7. smajtczak

smajtczak Member

I keep getting a message that says:
    Cannot read VTS_01_0.VOB

This is so confusing.

I have tried Rip it for me, DVD Shrink, Nero, and DVD Decrypter.

Nothing seems to do the trick and each gives me different errors.

Mostly file errors.

Any other ideas?

8. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

OK, this is sounding more like a bad disk. It must be damaged somehow. Have you tried cleaning it????? It is a long shot that you have not done this but short of getting a new copy and trying again I am not sure what else it could be.

BUT...If I am wrong...PacMan will have a correction for us. I have learned a great deal about this stuff from that one, he is very kind to answer all my pesky queries.

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

smajtczak
    I thought you said Nero's only error was that the media size was incorrect? If that's the case, the files could be handled in a number of ways. Software not reading the files is a wholely different issue. Have you tried opening the Video_TS and viewing the problem VOB file with a player program? Does the video play well on a standalone player?