1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Nubee

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by romeo1662, Jan 28, 2007.

1. romeo1662

romeo1662 Member

I got a torrent file from a web site burn it .Plays fine on my pc but plays with line on dvd RCR player

help

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

sounds like poor media to me...... make sure you stick to the MIJ rule..... read the label of the spindle or box and make sure it says Made In Japan. Or use Verbatim .... the only exception to the MIJ rule! and here are more tid bits:
    1. burning speeds: burn at 4x so there will be less writing errors (rule of thumb is to burn at half the rated speed of the disk--8X disk burn at 4x).
    2. read manual for your stand alone player and use the disks that will play in your player. If your player is less than 2 yrs old then it should play the + or - R disks! I said SHOULD that's why you read the manual.
    3. try booktyping your drive to DVd-ROM so it will make your +R disks more compatible to players. Read this:
    http://k-probe.com/bitsetting-booktype-faq.php
    4. make sure that there are no finger prints or scratches on your disk that make it hard for the player to read the disk!
    5. use good quality media (rule of thumb....buy the ones that are Made in Japan.) Verbatim is a top notch disk and is the only exception to this rule....some Verbatims are made in Taiwan and they are top notch!
    6. and don't burn too close to the outer edge of the disk ..... which will make the disk unreadable! but using good media you will be able to burn close to the edge better than lesser quality media. Just in case I only burn no closer than 4400MB, so if you can set your programs to that, all the better!

follow these little tips of the trade and you'll have better success! good luck.

also read this:
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/Why-DVDRW-is-superior-to-DVD-RW/
    why the +R media is better than the -R media

3. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

ihoe
    question; with that problem it could not be a bad dl?. i have never dl a torrent file. rule of thumb is if it plays fine on pc then file is good? but isnt hard to see quality flaws on pc? thanks

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@born2riede........
    could it be a corrupt download>.....maybe but if it plays fine on the computer....maybe the format plays fine on the computer.... then in the process of burning the format had to be changed to DVD compliant files and there for this problem could also be a conversion problem! need more information to know this.

if it plays fine on the computer then it should be fine! noticed I said SHOULD.

seeing quality flaws on the pc? depends on your monitor. I have a Dell 24" monitor LCD that is fantastic.... shows everything and if it play great on that monitor then it will play great on my 52" HD RCA projector TV and my 46" sony XBT3 LCD wide screen!

And here is my rule..... if you can get it on your Hard DRive then you can burn it onto a DVD!

5. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

ihoe
    thanks again.....