1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help on buring Wii games on DVD

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by bbqwayne, Aug 6, 2007.

1. bbqwayne

bbqwayne Member

Hi,

I have read most of the thread in this forum. I just wonder if anyone can help me out.

I have a mod-ed Wii with WiiKey installed couple days ago by a professional. I have an ISO file and try to burn in on DVD. I tried it 3 times using Nero, twice with SONY DVD+R and Once with SONY DVD-R @ 2X and 4X speed. None of the work on my Wii and it will not load up. Can anyone help me out? Really appreciated. Thanks.

2. ziddey

ziddey Member

do originals still work? do any backups work? just because it was done by a professional doesn't necessarily mean it was done right or didn't break since then. you try burning a different iso file? maybe the one you have is bunk?

3. WTFD4VID

WTFD4VID Member

You can also try IMGBurn. I think that is the most popular program to use to burn Wii ISOs. That is the only program I've used and every disc I've burned was great. If that doesn't work, it may be the disc brand that you are using. Verbatim is a good one but each Wii supports different media.

4. dazone

dazone Member

i seem to have better luck using nero than imgburn.

using ativa brand dvd+r's working great. dont know if its an offbrand.

5. bbqwayne

bbqwayne Member

Is there a way you can find out what media my Wii supports? or this is more like a trial and erros?

6. Loochy323

Loochy323 Regular member

I'm having trouble too, do you need a special burner? I'm using memorex dvd+rw and no luck, could be bad install though.

7. SoupKing

SoupKing Member

I've had poor results with Nero - Great with ImgBurn.

Good results with DVD-R unprintable - bad with DVD-R printable and DVD+R.

But here is the strange thing, other people have seen EXACTLY the opposite. I think the Wii's (or the chips) are all just a little different in what they like, don't give up just keep trying and find what mix suits your Wii & Mod.

8. picabotwo

picabotwo Member

I think most likely it was a bad install. I have never had any problems with burning. I have used media from HP, Memorex, and TDK and full 16x burning and no problems. If you know the professional, ask him for a good disk. I assume you tested it out first?

9. bbqwayne

bbqwayne Member

I lived in US and got it done in chinatown. While in the shop, they put in a REAL copy Jap Wii game/disc for me to test it. It works so I assume everything is fine. Right now I have no problem playing the real game disc. but just having problem burning ISO and load it on my Wii. Not sure what went wrong there. =( any advise? Thanks.

10. Loochy323

Loochy323 Regular member

bbqwaune: if it was a pal game and you have a ntsc wii then the wiikey was successfully installed, gotta be what your burning is maybe a bad iso.

picabotow: I've ohttp://forums.afterdawn.com/message_reply.cfm?thread_id=545157&forum_id=154nly tested it with two backups and the wiikey install disc so I'm assuming its a bad install. I'll order an import to test it.

The install:
    [​IMG]