1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help on burning an ps2 iso

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Betablade, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Betablade

Betablade Member

how am i suppose to play an burned iso on the ps2...also what type of cd is suppose to be used with the iso like (DVD-R) or something like that because im using regular cd-r....also i have the ps2 boot cd files that i downloaded and it is the boot image...which is the actual file name and the boot cue...I would also like to know what are the ps2 bin and cue for and what purpose do they serve...and lastly..(forgive me i just really would like to play this game)....how do you burn the bin and cue....um...
    is the game iso suppose to be on a cd by itself??(im using nero) and what speed am i suppose to burn it at....(please dont get angry at me for asking all of these questions)

2. dolittle

dolittle Member

dude read up a little, most ps2 games are dvd.u have to have a ps2 mod to do this. those files u speak of sound like disc id utility wont work without a mod.

3. MidoriVX

MidoriVX Member

It depends on which game it is. If the game was originally on a CD (blue-bottomed PS2 game), (or it's a stripped down DVD you DLed) then you would burn the ISO on a CD. If it was originally a DVD (silver-bottomed, like most) then you need to burn it to a DVD+R or DVD-R. After you burn the ISO it should have a SYSTEM file and a few other files when you pop it in your PC DVD drive. (assuming you have one). Also, there is no way to MAKE a boot disc. You have to go buy a Swap Magic Disc or get a modchip. The easiest way.....which I did...is to buy Swap Magic, then just open up your PS2, and leave it open. No slide cards, mod chips, or any other stuff......as for .bin and .cue files.....bin and cue files are like ISOs.....I'm new to images and stuff, but you would burn them just like an ISO.....but if it's an image of a "boot disc" don't waste your time b/c that's a sure fire way to end up with a coaster........and if you are using Nero, go to the ISO tab (no, you don't do DATA DISC and just plop the ISO file on a CD/DVD), make sure you change the MODE to 2/XA......then in the bottom right corner go to OPEN and find your ISO, then burn away! Burn it at the slowest speed just to be safe.

4. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

use dvd decrypter it's free and way better for games then nero and easy and small

5. MidoriVX

MidoriVX Member

Good point. I forgot that. That's what I use for games too. I only use Nero for Apps and stuff....that or Alcohol 120%.