1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help on burning x360 games

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by X360pt, May 31, 2007.

1. X360pt

X360pt Member

Hi everyone, i've been having problems with burning my first x360 game, basicly i downloaded it then extracted the first file (001) and then i got 2 files called: image and image.000, i've tried to use clone cd img burn ect... but they gv an error: error opening file image.iso- the system cannot find the file specified.

Can anyone help on this issue please!!!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

it is most likely because someone stealth patched the file. When they do that they have to change the image file from Image.iso to what you have now Image.000 and they never change it back.

try this:
    1. go to the folder the file is in
    2. on the menu bar go to tools, then folder options
    3. on the second tab "view" you see a bunch of options listed. Look for the one that says "hide extentions of known file types" and uncheck it so it is not selected. now press apply
    4. now it will show the ful fill with extention and not just the file name.
    5. go ahead and chage the extension on the file from ooo to iso now.
    6. try and burn it.

You do not really need to go through all this if you are getting the error due to the fact that you are loading the Imgage (dvd) file instead of the image.000 file. If you are trying to load the dvd file (small file size, just a few KB) then try this instead of renaming it. See the DVD file is just a small text file that tells the burner what to burn and how to burn it. And it is looking for a file named Image.iso and because yours was renamed image.000 it is not able to find it. Just using and burning the image.000 file with IMGburn will solve that.

1. open IMGburn (i suggest V2.1)
    2. browse for the image.000 file and load it.
    3. set the layer break manually:
    tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal. This is only necessary the first time burning a 360 game
    4. set the booktype if your burner can do it
    5. set the speed you want to burn at (i suggest 4X on a 6X or 8X max disc)
    6. now burn it.

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  3. X360pt

X360pt Member

hi, thanks for that help it works now!!

very useful!

thank you

4. steimy

steimy Active member

no problem, glad you sorted it out. People who make games should really pay more attention to what they are doing and change the extention back.

5. X360pt

X360pt Member

ye i know they just leave it unfinished then someone like me who is new to this burning studd doesn't understand.

do u use revolution site?

6. steimy

steimy Active member

never heard of it. I have a few private sites i belong to.
    they have very good people there. But you still get a lot of those image.000 files so just keep using IMGburn and burning them (the image.000) rather than the DVD file and you will not have to change extentions or anything.

When people first started backing them up you were always told to burn the DVD file. Most guides will also tell you that. I never burn the DVD file, always the actual image file (ISO) and it has never once failed me.