1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help on flip top

Discussion in 'PS2' started by zoheb01, Jul 26, 2003.

1. zoheb01

zoheb01 Guest

Hi guys. I just bought a flip to top for my v3 ps2. i put the white disk in the flip to top but when i put in my gameshark 2, it starts giving a strange loud sound and it dosen't load. When i took the white cover off the flip top and just put it over the disk, it worked!
    Could you please tell me how to fix this.
    Any info would be great.
    Thanks and if anyone with a flip top, could you tell me if its worth buying swap magic cd's if i already have a gameshark?
    Thanks Again

2. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Basically your problem is that white disc isn't going down low enough to turn your games. What you can try is using some needle nose plyers to lower the black pegs that hold the white disc without breaking them. If that doesn't work then just put the white disc on manually, it isn't that bad, I do it myself cause my fliptop has the same problem. As for getting the swap magic, you definately should get it because you can't boot dvd r backups(in which most good games are dvd-r) with the gameshark because it's cd based. In order to boot both dvd r and cd-r games you should definately purchase the swap magic discs._X_X_X_X_X_[small]You are probably wondering how I came up with the name Hanedrick. Well... the name Hanedrick is a very distorted version of my sisters name and I call her that whenever I want to get on her nerves which is like 24/7.
    Version 5 ps2.
    Fliptop Cover/smd[/small]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2003
  3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Sorry, have to correct you. It is possible to boot dvd r backups with the gameshark, but it is still better to get swap magic.

4. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Yeah you are right but you have to do that thing where you put in a larger dvd original and overload the gameshark with codes. I've tried it but the thing freezes when the message that says to many codes error comes up so therefore I didn't even bother mentioning it.

5. hend0

hend0 Member

Dont mess up the lid with pliers! I've installed 3 flip tops and had the same problem on 2 of them. What you need to do is pull the circular black magnet housing off the lid (its only attached with a dab of glue), then repostion it further towards the front of the case. I'm talkin about a fraction of an inch. The probem is not to do with depth position, but horisontal position. Use a couple of dabs super glue as a test when reattaching, just to test-should work 1st time though.

6. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

oops double post, sorry :)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2003
  7. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Yeah you could do that but an easier way to fix the problem is to just take the white disc out and put it on the spinner manually when you want to play a game (not to big of a hassle). Also you should remove the black pegs that hold the white disc with pliers so that you a can shut the lid while the game is playing (or you could leave the lid open and watch the disc spin which is kinda cool).