1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help on getting the right chip

Discussion in 'PS2' started by _Filo_, Jan 30, 2003.

1. _Filo_

_Filo_ Member

Hi there. I have a V3 PS2 and would like a Magic3.6 (Or 3.1, but the 3.6 looks an easier install).

I am in the UK and need to find a supplier who actually has what they say and dont change over the odds.
    www.modchip.com seem to be held in regard here but they seem to over-price compared to others??

Anyone help me out?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I got a magic 3 from modchip.com and it works perfect for me so you can trust that site. stuff is a bit on the dear side alright. however, the install might not be that much easier, it would be if you had a v5/v6/v7 ps2!

3. Marcoabc

Marcoabc Member

Get them from mods4less.com genuine chips reasonably fast delievery(i live in Ireland took about 10 days)and best of all cheap, cheap,cheap about 30euro so I guess about twenty quid for you. Get the magic 3.1 harder to install than the magic 3.6 but its the better chip. The 3.6 is just the old 3 with a clip kit and so has all the faults solved by the 3.1

4. _Filo_

_Filo_ Member

Are you sure about the 3.6? I understood that the 3.5 was a clone of the 3 with clip-chip extras.
    The 3.6 (I hope, since I just ordered one!) is the 3.1 clone with clip-chip extras.

I decided to go for 3.6 since those little hole solders (VUTQPONM) of the 3.1 look just damn-right scary!

Oh well .. I'll soon find out :)

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Marcoabc, nice to see someone else from Ireland! I've been here for a few months and youre the first person from Ireland I've met, I'm from Tipp! :)

_Filo_, The magic 3.6 is a clone of the magic 3.1 and it works great so don't worry!

6. erickpro

erickpro Member

So mods4less.com is a legitimate site, we can order and we will get our mods?

Anybody else ordering from that place?

The prices seem to be cheap, i would rather ordered mine from them since i could have paid 7 USD less than what i paid at extreme_mods.com