1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ON .I00.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mkonrad, Dec 30, 2004.

1. mkonrad

mkonrad Member

Dear all,

Hope this is not on the wrong forum and im not asking the same question for the hundredth time!!!

Im using DVD shrink and Nero to ‘backup’ DVD’s, this has all worked fine, saved a DVD as an .ISO then burn it across!

Now when I started using my laptop rather than PC everything started to go tits up, instead of DVD shrink saving my DVD as an ISO it saves it as and I00 and a couple of other files. This then doesn’t allow Nero to burn it across.

Im using the same programs and settings but a different computer and don’t understand why it is not working, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mark Konrad

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

You PC hard drive has a NTFS file system that can have files larger than 4GB.
    Your notebook hard drive probably has a FAT 32 file system that has a 4GB file size limit.

When DVD Shrink is used make a ISO Image on a FAT 32 file system , it will make a type of split Image File that will fit in the 4GB limit.

What you can do.
    Use the .mds file that controls the split ISO Image with DVD Decrypter to burn the DVD.
    Mode > ISO > Write
    Select .mds file.
    Use DVD Shrink in File Mode and Select backup target:
    Burn with Nero: Drive letter
    or
    Create DVD Files: Hard Disk Folder
    If you are using Windows XP or 2000 you can convert your Notebook hard drive to a NTFS file system.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/convertfat.mspx

More info here.
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44596

Last edited: Dec 30, 2004
  3. mkonrad

mkonrad Member

Hello there again!

I'm still having problems,
    I tryed using method one and it came up with this error:

I/O Error
    CDB:2A 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 20 00
    Interpretation Write (IO) - sectors 768-799

Reason : The semaphore timeout has expired.

Method two gave me the same kind of problem, the DVD just wont write to disk. But again never had any of these problems with my desktop computer.

Any ideas of what has gone wrong would be greatly appreciate!

Thanks in advance

Mark Konrad

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Are you using an external burner on your laptop by chance? Semaphore timeouts are very common with external burners.