1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help on making a Slim PS2 read games from an HDD

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Julian124, May 29, 2007.

1. Julian124

Julian124 Guest

How do you do it and what do you need?
    I have 2 slim ps2's one is v12 and the other is v13.
    So can anyone provide a tutorial on how to dit?
    also can I use my 1TB external HDD to put the games on it?

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Well, to connect HDDs to the slim PS2s, you need to install the HDCombo. And if your HDD is four pins then yes.

3. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

Try searching there are plenty of tuts on this forum for doing exactly that. (well not sure about the 1TB drive)

You will have to have a modded PS2 be it mod chip, straw mod, tape and tissue mod, flip top, magic keys, swap magic, AR Max Evo, or USB Extreme. Read up you will find your answers.

When you have a mod and method you want to go with try it if you have problems ask then. Some one will help.

The easiest would be to buy USB Extreme, but I would suggest a different method one that you could use elf files with. This way you get the full enjoyment of the Exploit.

4. Julian124

Julian124 Guest

but will an external HDD work for the Slim PS2?

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

read the 2nd & 3rd post again and then ask yourself is there enough room inside the PS2 to fit it internally and then you'll have your answer

6. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

You need a USB adapter for an external(internal) HDD. It will hook up to the IDE, and the power connections of the HDD and plug into your PS2 USB port and wall outlet. There is a mod for the case that allows you to mount an extra enclosure to your PS2 slim that will house a HDD, but it's basically the same thing just cost more. Again do some searching there is a ton of info on this stuff. If your system is not modded start there. Exploitstation.com,afterdawn.com,alucard.cc,sksapps.com and many others. SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH. Way to much info to spoon feed you everything.

7. Julian124

Julian124 Guest

Okay. I will do a search regarding my question and if I run into any problems I will repost here.