1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help on No-Mod exploit

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by L-Burna, Jan 2, 2004.

1. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I have been waiting to get a modchip but it still aint out yet.I was thinking I could do the no-mod exploit instead though.If anybody has done the no-mod exploit and can help me out I would appreciate it.I have been reading up on it off of xbox-scene and have doubts about what I am about to do.They said if not done right it could do the clock loop.

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Is there anybody that has done the no-mod that could help me out need some assistance.I have read up on and even went and asked other people can't really seem to find anybody that has done it.

3. ttugrad95

ttugrad95 Member

I have read up on this some. It basically requires replacing the operating system on the xbox with Linux. It ends up being more of a pain than its worth. You have to trick the xbox to allow you to install the software through a saved game trick. To start it you need to get an application onto a memory card. This requires either an adapter to use a USB drive as a memory card or an adapter to load onto a memory card from the USB port of a PC (may be the same thing), or someone with a modded xbox to put the applicaion on the memory card for you. Then you need the game Mechwarior to do the save game part of it. After all of this is done you can load Linux. With Linux you can use your xbox as a computer, play backups, use the xbox media player they have out but you will FOREVER lose your ability to play on xbox live (which is really cool if you haven't done it yet).
    Considering you can buy a soder-less modchip starting at $25 (one that requiers soldering can be found cheaper) you are better off going that route by the time you get all the required items to do the "free no mod hack" its cheaper. Yes Linux for the xbox is free but unless you own the other stuff already it isn't.
    Do a google search for Linux XBOX Project to find their webside and get more detailed info.