1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help On Samsung Drive Flashing (ixtreme 1.2 - Iprep 101)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by RssV, Jun 9, 2007.

1. RssV

RssV Member

Hi folks,

I got some kind of trouble while trying to flash my Samsung MS28 drive to iXtreme 1.2 firmware. I'm using the iPrep 101 scheme. USB flash drive apparently was properly prepared, so I booted up from it and this screen appears:

[​IMG]

So o type "iDump <myserial number>" and get this other screen:

[​IMG]

Then I select "1", for "XTREME Pri Master" (right?) and get this screen:

[​IMG]

... And I won't get other screen, it keeps "frozen" on this one... No progress from there. It will only get out of it ip i push ESC (and get the screen below)...

[​IMG]

So, anyone knows what's happening? Is this any kind of error? Any way to solve it? Ideas are welcome!

Thanks in advance! :)

2. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

you may need to try the ten secong trick to get past this.
    Before you select your drive from the list, turn off the power to your dvd drive, select your drive, wait ten seconds and then turn the dvd drive power back on and see if that fixes it.

3. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

I'd say do the 10-second trick as well but I see a status code.. When I don't do the 10 sec VIA method, I never get a status code.

The 10-sec trick WILL work if you have a VIA chipset (not sure if the nforce3 onboard sata will work or not)

4. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

doesnt the status code come when you push escape after it sits there for a while? i remember having lots of these until I started using your guide PS2.

5. monteca

monteca Regular member

i thought the m28 required the via chipset only!

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

no not necessarily, my SIL sata can flash my ms28.

7. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

not necessarily, the "VIA" is just the most recommended and compatible, but there are other chipsets that work, my intel will do my ms25 but not the ms28, i have no clue why, just the way it is.

8. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Personally I don't know. I've never had any problems. With the samhack/samread, xhack/xread, and all the other "lets use your serial number bullshit" I never use

A Simple mtkflash w /m /sata xxx.bin is all you need but these kids make things more complicated by tying to make simple stuff simpler.

9. monteca

monteca Regular member

the exact same on my machine. I have a via card for m28's and flash my hitachi's from the intel (cant boot into windows attached to raid card because it hangs)So i use a connectivity kit for mode b or power(much easier than hooking up a 360 every time i flash a drive and have 2 sata connectors outside the box. Works for me!