1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help on softmodding

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Squarenix, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Squarenix

Squarenix Member

a while ago, i softmodded my xbox. i put evoX dash on thru SID4. so i was having trouble putting skins in (BTW i still need help on how to put skins in) and i went back to the SID4 menu to see if there was something i was doing wrong nd i accidetally restored the MS Dash (or something.) well, now i can't access the EvoX dash. a week or so later, i figured i'd try to uninstall it and re-install the softmods (i use the Splinter Cell meathod.) everything goes well until i get the installer dash up (which for some reason it wont go to SID4) what happens is it auto detects splinter cell and restarts. can someone plz help. thnx

2. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

this might help

go to syetem options and see if its on ALLOW UNISTALL if it says no put it to yes
    and for the skins just download them from the net and put them in the skin folder

3. Squarenix

Squarenix Member

see thats the problem. there is no skins folder. i go into E and from what i hear there is supposed to be a skins folder but in mine none.should i make one?

4. steimy

steimy Active member

look on C: and not E: and see if there is one there.
    If not just making one will not solve the problem. Because you have to edit the dashboard file so that the dashboard looks to the correct folder when it looks for skins.

5. Squarenix

Squarenix Member

so wat if there isn't one on C: cuz this is getting annoying.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

EvoX needs to be on C:
    You can always just re-softmod it. or use an auto installer disc to put the EvoX back where it should be. AID 3.o or Slayer 2.7 will work as long as it can still read burned discs.

7. Squarenix

Squarenix Member

the skins folder? there isn't one in c: and the skin.ini for all of the skin files shows a directory of E:...\skins. plus i am still having trouble with installing the EvoX, when i use splinter cell it keeps restarting as soon as it autodetects the disc. this is really getting frustrating.

8. steimy

steimy Active member

can it read a burned disc? If so the just use AID 3.1
    You can re-softmod it as it has SID on it as well. Then reinstall EvoX to the C: partition and the other dashboards to the E: partition. It even has an updated version of the MS Dash (well updated from some older versions) I did this and you did not need the splinter cell save you originally used as it is already there, the EEPROM backup you made the first time should also be there. I did not even loose any of the game saves. The splinter cell disc most likely will not even be used as long as the save you used for SID the first time waas not deleted.

as for the skins folder you have a few options. If you know where the skins are stores you can just change the path on the dashboard.INI file to where they are with a text editor. Or make a folder for the skins at the location that the dashboard is looking (the folder name and path must match EXACTLY what the INI file says.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  9. Squarenix

Squarenix Member

okay cool ill try it thanx

10. Squarenix

Squarenix Member

alright, so i finally got the softmods on and now i need help with what files to put the skins into.