1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help on VCD's

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ricekilla, Nov 12, 2004.

1. ricekilla

ricekilla Member

First off i did a search but didnt find the answer I am lookin for so hopefully someone here can help.

I just got a season 3 of roswell all on VCD. There is one episode per disk. On the disk there are 5 different folders.
    1.CDI
    2.EXT
    3.MPEGAV
    4.SEGMENT
    5.VCD

The Episode is acutally in the MPEGAV folder. Now My questions are

1. Do i need the rest of the stuff on the disk or can I just copy the MPEGAV folder to create a new disk?

2. Is it possible to just copy multiple episodes on a DVD and have it still work as a VCD?

I really want to condince the disk collection so any help would be greatly apprecatied.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The movie us a 'ripped riff file' located in D:\MPEGAV\AVSEQ01.DAT which must be converted with VCDGears' "dat --> mpeg" to a 'true mpeg file', fist of doing anything

I really never did that. I think you can build a huge 'VCD image' (>840 MB large) containing many movies with VCDGear then burn it into a DVD as it were a DVD-data disk. But I never tried that.