1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help. Original movie is split across VTS_1 & VTS_2.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bluecap, Feb 21, 2003.

1. bluecap

bluecap Member

I can strip a movie sucessfully that lives in one Video Title Set. I have one now that is halved across VTS 1 and VTS 2. I want to know how to deal with this in IFOEDIT as stripping them separately stops the second one working ? If I try to combine them the film stops at the end of the first half ??
    Hope that is clear.

2. malum

malum Regular member

What is it?

Have you tried ripping it in file mode and seeing if that rips the whole film?

3. bluecap

bluecap Member

Hia. Thanks for reply. Yes I have the whole movie ripped off in one go and it plays right through on the pc. But, when I go into Ifoedit to see what I can dump in the languages etc., I see some differences in structure to what I have seen previously on other movie rips. Before the entire movie was in say VTS 1 or VTS 2 or whatever. This movie, Bridge on the River Kwai, has half the movie in program chain 1 and the second half in program chain 2. I can open these but only seperately to see the structure and VOB Id's.. I can strip them but it would seem only as seperate program chains. I end up with 2 folders with 2 video title sets called VTS 1 and VTS 1. I need to end up with both halves in one folder, VTS 1 and VTS 2, as the original was. I rename the second part VOB files of the movie VTS 2 ( as it was before ). Then correct VOB pointers etc. Snag is when I have then tried to reassemble the 2 halves, the film plays fine up to the end of the first program chain or VTS, it then stops at the end of part one, cell 63. The next part of the film is numbered cell 1 again and I get a black screen with sound only but it will jump chapters on command. In the original VTS 2 opened in Ifoedit there is a lot of mention in the structure of 'layer br...' and the cell numbers are not continuous anymore, they hop about like random numbers. My problem seems to lie in that some navigational information gets lost in the stripping and reassembling and I do not have the know how to correct it and make the film play across the two halves without stopping and freezing. Perhaps I am not adopting the correct procedure from the start in dealing with 2 title sets or program chains with half a movie in each ? I've tried amalgamating the full movie from the off and doing it in one lump but still no joy. Over to you. Ta.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2003
  4. malum

malum Regular member

OK open decrypter in IFO mode
    Click on the stream processing tab and tick the box to enable stream processing
    deselect everything but the one audio steam you want and the video stream.

Set it going and see what you get. It should be the movie ready to go as one title set. Have ifoedit create the IFO's for you do a get VTS sectors and burn away.

If that doesn't work try doing the same but select each stream and then check the demux radio button for each stream. Then report back. for next step.

5. bluecap

bluecap Member

Thanks. I'll give it a go and will let you know. Ta. J.