1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help out a newbie like me haha

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 1nsomniac, Aug 10, 2007.

1. 1nsomniac

1nsomniac Member

Alright , I am new to burning media. I was wondering is someone could give me a list of everything I need to accomplish it as easily and quickly as possible. A complete list of what programs i should use etc would be much apreciated. I have some movies on my hardrive that I would like to burn.

Thanks alot

2. res2cue

res2cue Guest

Welcome to Afterdawn:

do some reading as you'll soon see that there really alot of different views on this topic. However, it all depends on whether you want to spend money or not. If you are willing to spend money, you can get the anydvd and clonedvd combo from here and thats all you really need. (in my opinion the quickest and easiest) It's simple, especially for a person that is newer to burning. You would not regret spending the money. If you want to take the free route, there is dvdfab HD decrypter and shrink, and imgburn. The possibilities are pretty much endless. Do some reading and searching on this site and I'm sure you'll find exactly what works good for you. There is more to burning then just the programs. The biggest problem I see in this site is people running into probelms due to poor quality blank media. Stay away from the Memorex, TDK and off name brands. Try to purchase Verbatims, Taiyo Yudens, or made in Japan Sony's if you can. You'll also see this come up alot in your reading.

Edit: spelling

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2007
  3. 1nsomniac

1nsomniac Member

Thanks for your help. I will take your advice and check it out.

Thanks again

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

5. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@aabbccdd,
    Thanks for that link, bbmayo certainly does some excellent guides. I now have it bookmarked, Cheers.

6. res2cue

res2cue Guest

I also bookmarked it... good reference there.

7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

no problem gwendolin and res2cue i assumed you both already had that link!