1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help out another n00b

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Obi_Wan, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Obi_Wan

Obi_Wan Member

I took my X-BOX to a games store and had a chip installed for 100 euros. I have no idea what its called or if its flashed.
    I tried to connect my x-box to my pc via flash fxp and couldnt do it. I used EvoX on my X-BOX. ALTHOUGH when i went to the settings menu of EvoX it said connected...
    Can you please tell me step by step how to:

1-Flash the current bios
    2-Install EvoX (or whatever is required for the X-BOX-PC connection)
    3-And connect to my PC

Thanks in advance....

2. Obi_Wan

Obi_Wan Member

Sorry for the double post but I forgot to mention that I also used the 4th DVD from the Star Wars Trilogy and tried the Battlefront demo. Before the demo started the DVD, I believe, UPDATED my BIOS...

3. Obi_Wan

Obi_Wan Member

Anyone? Please HELP! I got the X-BOX about 3 months after it got released and I still havent figured how to copy the games.
    The originals here have 70 euros and the coppied ones cost 20euros.

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Are you using a CROSSOVER CABLE to ftp into your xbox? This is VITAL! You need a Cat5 CROSSOVER CABLE!

5. Obi_Wan

Obi_Wan Member

Yes. At least I think I am. I use the same cable I use to connect my Laptop with my PC. Directly. No hubs and stuff. That's a crossover cable right?
    BTW how do I install EvoX and how do I replace the MS Dashboard easy?

6. legato777

legato777 Member

7. mxer125

mxer125 Member

I havn't a clue what i'm doing with my x box???.. Moding/ bios /what chip??? doing me ed in!!! but i do no that i bought a "crossover cable" today and i have learnt that they are normally "yellow" and if you place the two ends together the tiny coloured cables inside shoulded match in pattern at all, between the two ........That's all i no, So hope it help's....

8. mxer125

mxer125 Member

I havn't a clue what i'm doing with my x box???.. Moding/ bios /what chip??? doing me ed in!!! but i do no that i bought a "crossover cable" today and i have learnt that they are normally "yellow" and if you place the two ends together the tiny coloured cables inside shoulded match in pattern at all, between the two ........That's all i no, So hope it help's....

9. mxer125

mxer125 Member

10. Obi_Wan

Obi_Wan Member

I was about to write EvoX on a blank DVD-R but when I select to create a DVD (Using Latest Nero ver. BTW) from the image file I created with QWIX (Also tried with XiSO) it says that I have inserted a DVD-R and I need a CD-R/RW.
    What can I do? I have no CD-RWS.

11. Twinski

Twinski Regular member

Alright just stop for a second i'm gona try and help you out. Here are the questions i have for you and if you do them right you will have a modded xbox.

1) Do you at all have any idea what kind of chip you have? And If no then follow this tutorial to check:
    http://www.teamxecuter.com/x3/tutorials/x3pin1015.htm
    Ignore everything but how to take your xbox apart)...
    (The chip should be on the left side when the xbox is facing you.)

2) This is a statement rather then a question, but you said you have evox? and if you do that means that your chip is flashed so you don't have to worry about that.

3) Do you have a Cat5 crossover cable? (the cable you need in order to play system link between two xbox's)
    3a) If you do then do you have a nic card?
    (or are you able to plug the cord into your computer?)

4) Do you have a ftp program? (If you don't download FlahsFxp from flashfxp.com)

Once you get this info back to me i'll be able to help you out a lot more.

12. Obi_Wan

Obi_Wan Member

1) No. Cant check right now but will tomorrow.
    2)I tried to connect my x-box to my pc via flash fxp and couldnt do it. I used EvoX on my X-BOX. ALTHOUGH when i went to the settings menu of EvoX it said connected...
    This Was about 5months ago. I do have EvoX on a CD.

Today I downloaded EvoX again. I was about to write EvoX on a blank DVD-R but when I select to create a DVD (Using Latest Nero ver. BTW) from the image file I created with QWIX (Also tried with XiSO) it says that I have inserted a DVD-R and I need a CD-R/RW.
    What can I do? I have no CD-RWS.

3)You need the X-BOX link cable? I used the one I use to connect my two PCs together.

4)Yes. I have Flash FXP

13. Obi_Wan

Obi_Wan Member

The previous time I copied EvoX was on a CD. My X-BOX didnt have any problems reading any CD-ROM before. I also hade DVDX, X-BOX Media Player and the PS Emu.

14. andrewhin

andrewhin Member

Twinski,
    i am also having trouble connecting to my xbox. i ahve an aladdin chip with evo dash, flashfxp, i have a cross over cable, nic cards. i plug the cross over in and type in my xbox's ip using port 21, password=username=xbox. but when i try and connect it doesnet work. is it to with something in my network settings as i havent altered them. thanks for your help

15. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Did you edit the LAN settings for the NIC?

16. Obi_Wan

Obi_Wan Member

I need help! Again! My X-BOX doesnt read the EvoX DVD-R I created. Did I do something wrong?
    I downloaded the latest EvoX ver. extracted the files from the .rar file into a new folder used qwix to create an iso and wrote it to a DVD-R?

17. Obi_Wan

Obi_Wan Member

I wish I still Had the first EvoX I wrote on a CD. I cant find it. It worked! I just hadnt fixed the TCP/Ip settings!
    DAMN!!!

18. andrewhin

andrewhin Member

"Did you edit the LAN settings for the NIC?"-quadratic.
    no i didnt, under 'lan or high speed internet', the two options are local area connection, and 1394 connection(1394 net adaptor), which one would be the connection to the xbox? thanks for your help.
    ps: both connections are on auto detect ip... is that where i type my xbox ip?

19. Obi_Wan

Obi_Wan Member

I FINALLY fixed EvoX! I connected the X-BOX with my PC and in the setting menu of EvoX it says that the X-BOX is connected but I cant get Flash FXP to connect with my X-BOX.

I need to know the exact settings I need to have on my PC and X-BOX, and how to do them, for this connection to work.

THanks in advance.

20. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

andrewhin,
    i believe i understand what your problem is, you are trying to connect your xbox to your pc via crossover cable with an extra nic card installed in your pc. What you could try to do is under the .ini files for evox, you could try and configure the ip address for static ip only and all the other stuff. Here is a link
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/network.php if that doesnt work and you need more tutorials you can check this link out

http://www.xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php?p=0|#0

p.s: keep us posted on the progress!