1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help-PAL Games In Black and White with SwapMagic

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by mortmain, Sep 11, 2004.

1. mortmain

mortmain Member

Hi there, I have backed up the PAL game MTX Mototrax and it plays in black and white on my PAL PS2 with the PAL swapmagic dvd. Is there anyway in which I can make it colour? Do I need a colour conversion? If so where do I get one of those? This is not the first backup that I have come across thats in black and white, is there a universal tool that i can use to change all black and white backups to colour? If someone could help it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Sounds like either the game or your console is NTSC. That problem only occurs when you mix one PAL with the other NTSC. Try a PAL/NTSC fix patch for the game when you image it to your hard drive and see if that corrects the problem.

3. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

I had the same prob' with THUG and 007EON, I used sm3dvd to get it to play in colour

4. Kabeer

Kabeer Member

its actually a problem with your tele and your scart cable you need a rgb cable to traslate the signal into your specfic region and also your tele has to be able to accept pal signals aswell but the patch should solve it.If you have a dms you can get a flash upgrade that will solve this problem.