1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help pandora on vista

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jj44100, Oct 17, 2007.

1. jj44100

jj44100 Guest

first off please dont think of this as multithreading or multiposting but as a way to get more answers that can help

every thing goes well until i get to the msipl part and it says
    "Target Drive is 1
    check partation sector
    cannot open device
    cannot read partation sector

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

vista has problems with pandora. you need to use winXP or lower

3. jj44100

jj44100 Guest

yo leave me alone man im trying really hard not to curse at you because i might get band but jus leave me alone and dont reply to any of my threads cuz this hole s**t that is happening to me is your fault so because of you my psp is bricked and now i have to save 200 bucks to by a new one so piss off and dont reply to my threads

4. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

umm, ok? sorry to say, but it isnt anyones fault but ur own, thats what happens when u flash, ui take full responsibility, but since u dun wanna hear it from him, then you can here it form both of us and every person on AD, u need XP or lower to create a pandora.

5. jj44100

jj44100 Guest

no he gave me the wrong files and my psp got bricked

6. jj44100

jj44100 Guest

and thanks since you said it it is probably legit

7. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

aight bro, w.e it doesnt matter, we gonna get ur psp back to life ok?

first of all try THIS easy installer to make a magic memory stick. now you will need to go to XP, sorry because it doesnt work for vista, i would gladly send you the files but u need to run mspformat first. now u can either harmod ur battery to make a pandora OR you can fflash it with a friends homebrew enabled psp. GOOD LUCK and let me no if u have any problems.

8. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

i gave you the wrong recovery file. my mistake, it was an accident. but you can't blame me for giving you the old recovery folder; i never had to recover on 3.71 m33. it's not like i wanted you to brick on purpose.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
  9. jj44100

jj44100 Guest

u no wat guyz im sorry its that i have so much problems i mean i jus loved my psp and i cant bring it back to life because i have vista, and i was really planning on playin nba live 08,wwe 08, tony hawk proving ground, nd others but i cant because my psp is gone and the onli way i can fix it is if i get xp so i dont know wat to do

10. BrendanL

BrendanL Regular member

Do any of your friends or relatives have XP? If so, use their computer to create the Pandora Battery and Magic Memory Stick.

11. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

here's some things you can try to do.

1) if you know anyone, friend or family member, that has a custom firmware psp, you can make the universal unbricker.

2) if you don't know anyone that has a custom firmware psp, look for someone, again friend or family member, that has winXP. you can at least create the universal magic memory stick.

with the magic memory stick, you will need pandora's battery. there are two options without a custom firmware psp. one, physically mod a battery (recommended for pros only) or two, get the datel tool battery.

3) look HERE and HERE for someone near you. the can make the recommended battery and memory stick for you (you will have to provide the battery and memory stick) or they will unbrick your psp

12. jj44100

jj44100 Guest

thx man i am going to try that oyea and for some reason my memory stick wont show up on my computer

13. BrendanL

BrendanL Regular member

That happened to me too. I was trying to create the Magic Memory Stick. And my memory stick never showed up on my computer. I forgot what I did to make it show up but I managed to format the Memory Stick with Windows.

14. jj44100

jj44100 Guest

omg please help me dude please think of what you ve done to make it work

15. BrendanL

BrendanL Regular member

This was months ago! There's no way I can remember. Try formatting the memory stick with the PSP, but then again, I think I recall the PSP not finding a memory stick. All I remember is that I formmated the memory stick with Windows. Wait! I remember now! I hooked the PSP via USB with the memory stick in, the first time Windows could not find it, but the second time Windows said something about the memory stick being corrupt or something (I don't remember the exact words). Even though it showed up, I was unable to view my memory stick, but I just right clicked the Removable Disk Drive and formatted it using Windows and it works fine now. And what a coincedence too because even though this was months ago, I decided to try and make the magic memory stick again (after it failed the first time) and it worked! It didn't work the last time because I forgot to run the msinst program on the computer. Since I only had the 1 Memory Stick, I formatted it after and it works like a normal memory stick. Anyways, good luck! And now I have to go get a cheap memory stick pro duo just in case I brick when upgrading to custom firmware. Now I hope I do brick my PSP!

16. jj44100

jj44100 Guest

thx bro

17. BrendanL

BrendanL Regular member

No problem.

18. jj44100

jj44100 Guest

BrendanL do u have xp or vista

19. BrendanL

BrendanL Regular member

I have XP. Why do you ask?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  20. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

vista has problems running the mspformat and msinst. it's recommended to use winXP for pandora's battery.