1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help playing psx on psp 3.03 oe-c

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by fatleon5, May 19, 2007.

1. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

i have 3.o3 oe-c and am trying to play psx games. I have the icetea program and i have folders game, iso, game150 and game303 on my psp. I managed to make an iso file and convert it to eboot.pbp but didnt get the keys file. when i put it on the psp it says loading bios and stuff then goes to a blank screen. i tried changing the kernel to 3.03, but didnt work, then back to 1.50 but didnt work. then enabled the use no umb but still didnt work. Am i missing some files or something other than the keys.pbp? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

2. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Do you have a customized gameboot installed?

3. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

err.... no :D where can i download it, and can it cause any harm to my psp like when downgrading?

4. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

ah i see it in your sig. I can put psp games on and play them fine its just psx games im not sure of. Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times, i only got my psp yesterday :D

5. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

ok i have the gameboots, what do i use them for now?

6. Sudds

Sudds Active member

No mate, reason i asked is because a customized gameboot interfears with the proper running of PSX titles on PSP.
    You have to patch the prx files.

7. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

Oh ok :D Do you have a link to a guide that tells me how to put psx games on psp? Thanks.

8. nathanfer

nathanfer Member

i no a way

9. nathanfer

nathanfer Member

do it this way itll defenitely work

youll hav to download 2 things.

1. POPSTATION GUI.(by zinga burges)
    2. CLONE CD

1. put your psx game in the drive and open clone cd.
    2. click read image file.
    3. then click on 'game cd'.
    4. then browse it to the desktop to make it easier.
    5. it might take long depending on how slow your comp is.
    6. open popstation GUI.
    7. fill in what u want your game to be called.(if it ask for ID, click change ID and choose anything in the keys.
    8. start the convertion.
    9. once the convertion is done there will be an "eboot.pbp" file.
    10. place this in the GAME folder which is in the PSP folder of your memory stick.
    11. take your psp and start the game.(it will be in the XMB of your psp)which is the white memory stick image under "game".

10. nathanfer

nathanfer Member

the eboot.pbp has to be in a folder. name this folder the name of your psx game. also put the keys you get in this folder.then put it in the GAME folder of your psp

11. epekbrick

epekbrick Regular member

i need help ! i have a 3.03oe-c but i dont know how to install the snes emulator and games oh yea and what would i need to make it work please help!

12. bangity

bangity Member

how do you patch the prx files? i have custom gameboots...

13. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

Thanks nathanfer, got it working. Seems strange playing all these old games on a psp :D

14. epekbrick

epekbrick Regular member

hey ya'll i have a 3.03oe-c and i have a snes emulator and snes roms BUT the question is if i can & how to put a ps1 emulator to my psp and will it effect the snes emulators and games and if it's no problem having both emulators can some one show me how to install it to my psp

15. epekbrick

epekbrick Regular member

oh yea i forgot is there a way to do it wihtout a UMD thankx i rather not use a UMD

16. msiblini

msiblini Member

I am having problems with popstation. When I start what file should I open in the first one. I left it and for the second one i put the psx image. But when i press execute it says 'Run Time Error 52, File not Found'. Can anyone help PlEASE!!!

17. satch1989

satch1989 Guest

helppp

i put custom firmware 3.40 OE-A on my psp im running SNES emu perfectly, but my friend also has PSX roms running, i know the PSX emu is built into 3.40 but how do i install the roms... i know theres a way to put the actual game disk into the cd drive of your computer is it the same method as mentioned above regardless of the difference in firmware?

18. bean2525

bean2525 Member

Hey i have downloaded FF8 into my psp but it keeps saying that i need to activate the system. can anyone help me!!

19. cfsage

cfsage Member

I've run autopopstation4 to turn my PSX Resident Evil 3 into a .ISO file. Then converted it to a EBOOT.PBP. The Custom PSX folder is displayed on my screen, I run it, it shows me the screen with the disclaimer(white bars on top and bottom) but then stays black. No Sony PS1 welcome screen or anything. Any help would be great.
    I'm running 3.40 OE-A and the residentevil3.iso folder is in my psp/games folder with a document.dat file and EBOOT.PBP

20. PacYAO

PacYAO Member

hey whats up nathenfer and/or anyone of assistance! i was reading nathens way of getting popstation and using it, BUT, will it work on all PSPz? i got the 2.60 TA-082? i dont want to brick, id rather swish...any info would help. THANKS!