1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please anyone who can give info.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Ursac, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Ursac

Ursac Member

Ok heres the deal. I have ,before thursday jan 27, Allways been able to make a back up of My allready decrypted and shrunk back-up. A friend came over asked for a copy of Alien vs Preditor. I copied it and when it was done it had a blank spot on the disc where nothing was writen. I thought it was My new DL DVD Burner. Took it back and the new one did the same thing.

I originally had to use VobBlanker to rip AvsP. But when I use it on My back up. The Movie VOB says its skip within the list of Vob Blanker. Tried and couldnt get that to work. So went with DVD Decrypter and Nero same thing happend. Used ANyDVD/CloneDVD and same thing happend. My original back up plays fine. But nothing will copy it. And now for some reason all My old dvd back ups do the same thing. I got curious and tried to back some of them up and same thing happend. Its not My dvd burner as it is brand new. I have all the latest up to date software used. I even replaced My motherboard. Thjinking something was wrong there.

If anyone can please give me and idea as to why this is happening. It would be greatly aprecieated.

P.S. sorry for the novel post.

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Is there a pattern in all these (e.g. % into burning)?

3. Ursac

Ursac Member

Well It burns the main menu and the extras but after that skips the main movie area and then burns the extras. There is about a 1/4 space between the data written on the disk. Each time

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

1) Since it's a new burner, make sure you have the right firmware.

2) If you have Nero, you may use the 'get system info.' and 'test drive' functions to check if everything is o.k. and hooked up fine.

Good luck!

5. aznvtboi

aznvtboi Member

With some new dvd burning there a built in copy-protected system, usually it mean it prevent you form copying protected movies, but with you case i dont know, i used dvdxcopy, it was created not to read copy protected cd, so it burn about almost anything,

6. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

I also have AvP backed up so I'll give it a try and see what happens to mine.
    But... I have a feeling that it is your NEW burner, since this all started after you installed it.

7. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

[bold]Ursac[/bold]

I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that the DVD Shrink (alone) burn of a burn of A vs P. came out just fine, booted up on it's own, played the previews and went to the main screen. I selected "play" and began the movie stepping through every chapter and each was fine.

The bad news... it's not your copy of a copy of A vs P or some new encryption.

8. Ursac

Ursac Member

Thanks fgor all the replies. The problem started with the first dvd burner. Which was a Sony. I then took it back thinking bad eye.And got a new burner. It did the same thing. then I realised hey. Dumby nero is out of date and when I looked further so was all the others. I didnt realise anydvd had been updated along with the others in the past 2 months. So anyway problem fixed. And am a happy burner machine again.

Thanks all.
    Ursac

9. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Glad to know.