1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please buying my first ever plasma Samsung Q9 in the UK

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by hotchef, Apr 13, 2007.

1. hotchef

hotchef Member

Iam looking to buy my first PLasma
    50"

The SAMSUNG PS50Q96HD 50"looks great, but it is not a 1080P

i am told that because of its contrast ratio it is just as good

Iam looking for it for gaming too.

should i move to a different brand or stay with the samsung

DNIE Image Technology

Receive up to 41 digital TV channels

SRS Tru Surround

3 x HDMI digital connectivity

Game Mode

Picture Quality 1048320 pixels

thanks

chef

2. wdclean

wdclean Regular member

In no way should the 1080P be compared to the 1080I the contrast has no bearing on this one bit. The contrast level is a good sign of how good the picture will be and I would be looking at 5000 to 1 to start this will bring out the blacks and grays while inproving the colour thoughout. The better sets are 10000 to 1 and better. 1080p refreashes the whole screen at once while the 1080i does this in two steps hence the word interlaced( refreahes half the sceen then the other half) you won't notice this but the 1080p picture will have even more detail. So if your going to buy a set I wouldn't buy from this salesman. Remember to buy the HDMI cables to hook up to your components as this is the only way to take full advantage of their digital feeds. You don't have to get the high priced ones either unless your running a long distance. Hope this helps you, oh and by the way Samsung is a great brand but I would be looking at the LCD for gaming but this is just my opinion.

WD

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007