1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP PLEASE!!! How do i rip umd's onto my memory stick?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Monkey888, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Monkey888

Monkey888 Member

Hi, I have dark alex 3.40 on my psp and i can play games off my memory stick, but what i wanted to do was to make back-ups of my UMD games.

I would be greatful if someone could help me out and advise me as to how to do this.

Cheers!

2. foxrider

foxrider Guest

Use UsbSSS it lets you rip games :D

3. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member

now the 3.52 M33-3 and M33-4 CFW have built in USB-UMD access to enable you to drag'n'drop a dump of your UMD straight to desktop

very cool, works a treat

4. Darius502

Darius502 Member

I just upgraded to 3.52 M33-4. How do I use this drag'n'drop feature with the dumped umds? Thanks

5. fearevil

fearevil Guest

press home in the menu and in usb device press < or > till u get umd disc, then coonect to pc normally (usb coonection)

6. Darius502

Darius502 Member

OK I changed that but still don't know how to do the actual rip. Thanks what you told me was more than I knew about it! Is there a link or something that can tell me more about the functions of the psp? Thanks again

7. fearevil

fearevil Guest

wow, u mean ALL the fuctions of the psp?

8. Darius502

Darius502 Member

Well, I would like to know them. I don't imagine you want to go through all that with me so a link to a tutorial or something would be cool. As for the ripping of umds straight to the mem stick that info would be fantastic!

9. fearevil

fearevil Guest

sorry i don't know any link to that, but believe me u can do a lot of stuff.
    to rip the umds to the memory stick u can use PSP FILER

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2007
  10. Darius502

Darius502 Member

This was what I am asking about. How do I do this? Thanks

11. fearevil

fearevil Guest

i already said u how

12. Darius502

Darius502 Member

OK, so let's play like I have no freakin' idea what you are talking about and start there. I appreciate your help but where does the drag'n'drop come in???

13. fearevil

fearevil Guest

press home in the menu and in usb device press < or > till u get umd disc, then coonect to pc normally (usb coonection), then u will see an iso named with some numbers(eg. 966660.iso) copy and paste it (or use drag and drop)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2007
  14. Darius502

Darius502 Member

OK I didn't have a mem stick in the psp. I got the files ripped but what do I use to play them?
    I have searched the forums and read about VCDROMX, which I downloaded and can't get to work. everytime I drag the files into the right side to do the conversion is says something about some temp file is not found or something. I have fastloader and umdemulator installed on my mem stick as well. Thanks again for your help.

15. fearevil

fearevil Guest

if u have a CFW format the memory stick (make a backup first) and put the iso's in the iso folder

16. Darius502

Darius502 Member

Do I need to change some other settings or something? I formatted the mem stick with the psp and dropped the newly made iso in it and the psp doesn't even read it. You are sure I don't have to change the UMD_DATA.BIN and PSP_GAME to something else? Just checking because it is not doing well with me. Thanks again with your help

17. fearevil

fearevil Guest

thats weird can u make a sreenshot of the the folder were o put the iso?

18. Darius502

Darius502 Member

I don't know how to do that. Sorry When I format the mem stick with the psp I get this basically (they are probably out of order)

PSP ISO PICTURE

VIDEO MUSIC MP_ROOT

I put it is the ISO folder and the psp don't read it. Neither for other game isos?? That is why I thought maybe my settings are off or something like that? Thanks

19. fearevil

fearevil Guest

sorry if u already said this, but what firmare do u have?
    if u have 3.52 m33 and up, got to the recovery menu and go to "advanced" and press X in format "flash1 and reset settings"

20. Darius502

Darius502 Member

OK, all I can tell that did was reset my recovery settings?? Is that a good thing? Mayhaps there is a step two? Thanks