1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please I have dvd's from europe that I can't see or decrpt.

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Crazycro, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Crazycro

Crazycro Member

I have 2 movies that I brought back to the States with me from Europe. I tried to watch them on my dvd player here, but no such luck. I have a Plextor 708A and am quite familiar with Dvd decrypter and Dvd Shrink. My dvd player does show a black and white picture in the backround that skips but I hear the audio perfectly. My other dvd player says theres an error. I have a feeling this is a region 2 disc however when I put the disk in the dvd rom of my computer I see the picture perfect. It also shows it's a region free dvd with no RCE protection. Can someone please tell me how to correct this problem or rebuild the dvd so that I can watch it on my dvd player not on the computer. I'd really appreciate any info anyone can give.

Thanks in advance.

2. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Anydvd
    Decryptor
    shrink

hope this helps

:O)

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

It's not a region issue its a PAL vs NTSC issue.. PAL is the standard video format for Europe which by the way is much better. NTSC is what is used in the states. So you need to convert your PAL disk to NTSC there are several guides here on AD that show you how to do that.... Here is a good start (lots of info here) http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/88644

Good luck

4. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

should just be a case of slowing or skipping on the frame rate. This can be done through VOB edit.