1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP Please I have just downloaded utorrent

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by wildgal, Jan 11, 2007.

1. wildgal

wildgal Member

which I paid $24.00 for and I wanted to download the whole season 2 of a tv series so I type it in, in the search and find it and the download starts and it says that it will take 9 weeks and 7 days to finish???? surely this can't be right also down the bottom of the screen is a red icon saying something about no ports and this could be a problem.? I don't know what to do I have done a search but everything is double dutch to me, I am not very computer literate, I only bought the program to download shows etc, i didn't realise I would need a computer degree to use it, the site I got it from said quick and easy to use, can someone please help me out??? Thanks
    Sarah

2. wildgal

wildgal Member

3. swarmpack

swarmpack Regular member

ok the first thing i have to say is im sorry you paid $24.00 for utorrent it should be a free download from there main site unslees something drastic happened.here is there real site http://www.utorrent.com/ what type of internet connection do you have i.e. dsl cable dialup college line.the slow download speed you report could be because of several things the first is that there are no seeders meaning people that have the torrent and are letting you download it.the file could be really big my guess is around 2-5 gigs in size.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  4. wildgal

wildgal Member

Hi Swarmpack thanks for your reply. We have ADSL here and hyes the file is very big its 7.83 gigabytes, will it really take me 9 weeks and 7 days to download? Thanks for your help:)

5. swarmpack

swarmpack Regular member

it sounds like there is not enough seeders for the torrent file you are trying to download cause i have adsl line from verision the second fastest one which is 768kbs i belive and i can download a 4gigabyte usually in the better part of 7 hours depending on the ammount of seeders.