1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help please,im teraing my hair out

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by allanwlls, Oct 7, 2003.

1. allanwlls

allanwlls Guest

ok here we go,
    ive a dvd+r/w drive
    and a naiko n-2081 dvd player
    i have several copied dvds that my mates backed up for me on dvd-r disks and they work fine on my dvd player.

i recently bought a laptop which has a dvd+r drive and tried to backup some of my dvds

the first 2 attempts i used dvdshrink to rip and re-author the disk so it would fit on one disk and i used dvdclone to burn it,they didnt work on my dvd player but do on my laptop,the 3rd time i ripped and encoded using DVD Shrink and record nowmax platinum to burn the dvd following a guide i found somewhere on here,this works on my laptop but not on the dvd player,i checked the compatability site and it says my dvd player plays dvd+r/w's

the box on the disks i was using says

phillips dvd+r
    120min video
    4.7gb data

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there,

yes i see what you mean! also to note that +r are less compatible than -r but it could be a number of things? 1 is program i use nero! on settings UDF/ISO v1.02 settings!

another could be media does your mates work on both drives you have? if so what is he using?

Thx...

EDIT: if things work on your laptop only it could be a setting somewhere as computer play things more easy! where dvd players have to have discs SPOT ON!

did you have a VIDEO_TS folder?

what media you useing and what is your mates media?

Thx..._X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID 2x80 gig [Bios 1012]
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET [9700 Pro]
    XMS Corsair Platinum pc3500 2x512 1024 meg
    ENERMAX PSU 550watts
    [​IMG] [/small]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2003
  3. allanwlls

allanwlls Guest

thanks for your help,

im not to sure about what my mate has hardware wise,i just know that the dvd-r disks ive got off him work on my standalone dvd player,and the dvd+r disks ive made wont,they do have the VIDEO_TS folder but not an AUDIO_TS folder which ive noticed other dvds have....

and as far as i can make out my standalone dvd player should play dvd+r disks,its juat annoying cause i payed £5 each for basically 3 dvds that are wasted as i can only watch them on my laptop

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

ok do your mates play on your laptop?

but i think your player wont play +R they are less compatible! than -R

what tells me this is your laptop they are fine! it will play both! i think you need to take the -R route!

what make is your drive burner?

Thx..._X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID 2x80 gig [Bios 1012]
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET [9700 Pro]
    XMS Corsair Platinum pc3500 2x512 1024 meg
    ENERMAX PSU 550watts
    [​IMG] [/small]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2003
  5. allanwlls

allanwlls Guest

cheers,and yes the -r disks work on my laptop,ive no idea what make the dvd drive is in the hardware profile it just says dvd+rw rw8160

am i right in saying that my drive wont be able to burn -r/rw disks?

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

if thats all it says then more than likly but dont give up!!!!

some do work players i mean! on +R check your stats with the manufacturer search here do some background! thats what we do!

thx...

7. allanwlls

allanwlls Guest

ok thanks again for your help,ive emailed all the ppl in that site that tells you what makes/models of player will play what media(there was a link somewhere around here) to ask them what brand on disks they are using/how they are ripping,what burner they are using etc

thanks again :)

8. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

Hey...
    The site that lists what players support what format of disc is: www.dvdrhelp.com
    It also has an extensive section of media reviews in terms of what media has worked well on what players.

Good luck....

9. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

That seriously doesnt help...

10. allanwlls

allanwlls Guest

just found out that its a ricoh 8160