1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please: INTERNET EXPLORER PROBLEM: The IE box dissapears when finished loading

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by doohuh, Apr 4, 2005.

1. doohuh

doohuh Guest

I have a problem with my internet explorer that seems simple, but probably isn't.

When ever I load internet explorer with any shortcut, it will begin to load, and as soon as my homepage fully loads, the IE box just dissapears.
    It doesn't minimize or anything, it just radomly exits itself when done loading.

Please help, I've checked all sorts of files to see if I was missing any, but there's not and I cannot find the problem.

Thankyou

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

have you checked for spyware & viruses

3. vans12

vans12 Regular member

yea ddp is proboly right it is spyware or adawre. I dont use ie I hate it use firefox you can get it from http://www.getfirefox.com

4. doohuh

doohuh Guest

Would Norton be able to get rid of the spyware or virus? Or do I need to get some other software as well? I have run Norton plenty since this stopped working, and still no results.

and...

Can Windows 98 support Firefox? Does it work just like IE?

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

6. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

when i used to use IE, the same thing used to happen to me. I found the best thing to do for me was to create a new HTML document and open it in Internet explorer, then naviate to where i want to go from there.

I also suggest you set your hompage to "about:blank" - that ay no homepage loads so the browser loads quicker.

But I do also agree that firefox is a much better option!