1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please or just shoot me!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by oakleyvr, Nov 7, 2007.

1. oakleyvr

oakleyvr Member

I suppose you would all have seen a thread like this but I am damned if I can find anything on it.

The situation: Well here it is, I chipped my xbox about 7 months ago and have left it until now. Finally I decided to put a HD in in. I spoke with a friend who had a fully loaded 250Gb with everything on it. I bought this drive from him and that is where the fun started.

I have an executor 2 (I think). I installed the drive (obviously the drive is not locked),into the box. Switched on and I can hear the disk booting up just fine. In evolutionx dashboard, I can see the drive but cannot load anything off it. In fact, when I say it can see the drive, it can only see the size and 2 of the 4 or 5 partitions.

Anybody have a clue on how I can get this thing working. i am quite willing to back the contents up but dont know how to go about this process.

Anybody please!!!!!

Oakley

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Open an FTP connection and check that all the partitions are actually there!

How do you know it was "Fully Loaded"? Did you see it all run before he gave it to you?

You can only see 2 partitions normally from EvoX, E:\ and F:\. Possibly G:\ if the drive is big enough. The G:\ may not have been loaded correctly either.

Where are you trying to load the games from? Use DVD2XBOX.

3. oakleyvr

oakleyvr Member

I did see the drive running perfectly on my brothers box and all seem in order. I am just trying to load the games from the HD directly but nothing appears on the list. I am pretty new to all this so excuse my stupidity. I will open an FTP connectin tonight and check it out but if you have any ideas, please let me know!

Thanks again

4. oakleyvr

oakleyvr Member

By the way, is there anyway i can just dump the contents of the xbox onto my pc, flatten the hd and dump everything back on? Just a thought.

5. Iconaw1

Iconaw1 Member

If you can FTP to the Xbox and all the partitions and info is there, then you should be able to transfer the game files and such on to your PC. Then use the AID 4.10 disk to format the HDD and then re-prepare the HDD, install the dashboard of your choice and all apps. you want. Then when finished drop the game file back to the HDD.