1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please! Pioneer DVR-106D

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by justin8, Jan 26, 2005.

1. justin8

justin8 Member

Ok here is my problem. I am trying to save files to DVD+RW disks. I cannot get the files to save to the disk. I am right clicking the files and sending them to CD Drive (E:) which is where The DVD R/RW drive is. Why does it say CD when it is a DVD drive? Then I go to the files and it says files ready to be written to CD. Again why not DVD? When I try to write them to disk I get a CD Writing Wizard popup basically saying this isn't a writable CD. I have tried it with a CD-R and it worked but it will not work with the DVD+RW. I ccan go to my computer and put the cursor over the drive labled CD Drive (E:) and it says free space 4.37GB and total size 4.37GB so I know the disk is there but I cannot do anything with it. What am I doing wrong? Why is it saying CD instead of DVD? I updated the driver through MS and it says it is up to date. Oh, also under properties it shows this device as Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 106D, Device type: DVD/CD-ROM drives, Manufacturer: (Standard CD-ROM drives). I dunno, but that doesnt sound right. Can you help me out?

2. Pablo28

Pablo28 Member

I have the same problem, do you find the solution? can you help me?