1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please - PSP Bricked :-(

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by photonmoo, Oct 24, 2007.

1. photonmoo

photonmoo Member

Hi all, this is my first post and I'm sad =(

My psp is running 3.52 m33-4 and i attempted to change the psp theme to a 'apple' theme.

Boot into recovery mode, toggle usb whilst usb is connected to the pc and would overwrite certain files there.

I don't know what went wrong...but after that I tried to boot up my psp, the light goes on green but the screen remains black and nothing happens...

I tried plugging it into the pc but to no avail.

Anyone prehaps know of any resolutions or tips please.

Thanks in advance

2. smokydank

smokydank Guest

That exact same thing happend to me just yesterday... the only way I could fix it is just keep trying to toggle usb from recovery till you get it then go to google and search "recovery folder" click the first link and follow the instuctions hope this helps you... if not then a pandoras battery is a must

3. photonmoo

photonmoo Member

I think the psp is screwed, can't even log into the recovery mode.

Gonna have to try the pandora battery.

4. smokydank

smokydank Guest

eeeee! yeah that could be a big problem then... I dont know what to tell you I am kinda new to all this just told you what people told me... dont give up just yet someone with a bigger brain will help you.. just give it time and keep checking back..

5. photonmoo

photonmoo Member

Hehe makes two of us dude, im new to all this too.
    But thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

I won't give up on my psp, hopefully a 'bigger brain' will come along like you say.

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you can't go into recovery then you will need to use the Pandora battery method.

HERE is a guide to make a Pandora Battery with the Universal Unbricker/Upgrader. This will install straight to 3.71 M33-2 custom firmware.

You will need someone that has a 3.XX custom firmware PSP to create the Pandora Battery + Unbricker/Upgrader.

If you don't want 3.71 M33-2 custom firmware then don't do the step 7 part of the guide ("Despertar del Cementero"). Skipping that step will let you recover back to 1.50 firmware so you can install whatever custom firmware you want.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  7. photonmoo

photonmoo Member

Thanks dude, I shall definately try that.