1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP PLEASE upgrading to 3.5 from 3.3

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by bolanduk, Jul 29, 2007.

1. bolanduk

bolanduk Member

HAve got a psp 3.30 firmware have got updater to 3.50 but cannot get it to work. Whan i run it in memory stick it starts and then comes up "the update cannot be started the data is corrupted" i got the updater from qj.net as most of the guides tell you to do but it will not work. Am i doing it correct. The file is 13840_eboot. Have tried copying that to mem stick didn`t work. So then ive opened it and clicked just about every option available and the only one that doesn`t show up as corrupt is savePBP2.0+ this shows updater in mem stick but it starts and then comes up "the update cannot be started the data is corrupted". I must be going wrong somewhere could anyone help an idiot please

2. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member

you need to unzip the EBOOT (13840_eboot.zip) until you are left with EBOOT.PBP file which must be placed in folder UPDATE inside folder GAME on psp.
    then you will be able to run it from the memory stick
    (it has to be capitals as well)

3. bolanduk

bolanduk Member

Have unzipped file and can open it up the options on the eboot are load directory
    preview pbp
    preview iso
    load pbp
    save pbp
    save pbp 2.0+
    convert pbp (1.50->1.00)
    Save pbp
    homebrew
    Have tried them all with no success which one would you reccomend to keep trying

4. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member