1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP please VSOs,Cucusoft, etc..

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by krikle, Jan 21, 2007.

1. krikle

krikle Member

Hey everyone..
    I have some .avi files I'm trying to convert to DVD format so I can burn them to a DVD+R and have them playback in my DVD player. I've tried several programs but can't find what I'm looking for. I want a fast convertion tool, but great quality too. I understand that you're gona lose quality no matter what you use. But I've tried VSO's ConvertXtoDVD. The first time I used this, it worked perfect. Took a LONG time (file was about 4.3GB) but the quality was good. Second time I used it..the files were the same kind of quality but after I converted it, it was horrible. The converted files were 'blocky' and choppy quality. I didn't burn them because the quality was bad. So I found one called Cucusoft. The quality is REALLY good..and it's a little faster, not by much though. It gives you a preview of the convverted files. No blocky, no nothing. Only trouble is ... it turns the files into 'letter-box' looking. Like there is a black bar on the tope and bottom of the video while playing.. and the picture is more wide, o r.. strecthed. I was wondering is there a way to customize the output size of the videos in Cucusoft? There are so many convertion tools out there that I don't know what to use. Could someone PLEASE reccomend a really good, fast convertion tool for AVItoDVD format? The quality of the files on my computer is REALLY good.. and it worked out well the first time so I know it can be done. It's just a matter of finding the right program. Thanks.

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

3. krikle

krikle Member

Well, considering they are individual episodes I'm burning, no menu kinda sucks. I would use Cucusoft if there was any way to make it not letter box and make the output size different..

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

If you have Nero, I believe it will encode with a nenu but it wasn't what I would call fast. Don't know about Cucusoft.

5. krikle

krikle Member

Nero Sucks. I hate it and i ALWAYS hated it. Whenever you put the video files in Nero .. even thoough I KNOW they all equal a lesser amount than that of the capacity of a full DVD+R ... it tells you, you don't have enough room. Other programs don't do this.. it just converts it for you fine .. well, accept for the quality of some. Also, Nero is slowwww. So yeah.. no nero .. but thanks for the suggestion/reply anyway. I'm currently using WINAVI.. I tried the trial version and the quality seems to be real good.. so I'm gonna put it through the full version now and try it again. The only thing is.. when I tried it .. the files didn't have the same file names as the orginal and they were not listed in the same order as I selected them to be in. Also.. you can't create menus. I guess maybe I could solve the menu problem by running it through another program..not to convert..but just for the having a menu.