1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please with dvd backup

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jackjacks, Dec 21, 2004.

1. jackjacks

jackjacks Member

HI, I'm having a problem backing up my dvd games on my new pstwo. v12.
    I am trying to burn a .gi file of PES4 to dvd. I have burnt it at 2.4x, which is the lowest my writer will go, several times onto vertabim datalifeplus +R media using dvd decrypter.
    When I load this with swap magic 3.3 dvd, it flashes red and then will stay black at various stages during language/memory card setup at start. it has never made it to the intro.
    I can see the disc is still spinning and the laser is moving up and down, trying to read.
    I thought the .gi file might be corrupt but I backed up the san andreas which I own and that is really stuttery and jerky during intro, freezes and hangs.
    the swap magic always flashes red, even when i put in an orginal game.
    i think its the burning but i can't burn it any slower and i thought vertibram data life plus was one of the best medias. i could go to -R but v12 should be able to read +R right?
    any suggestions would be much appreactiated.

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Yes it should read +R although it appears that the PS2 still prefers -R. I would give it a try.

3. jackjacks

jackjacks Member

ok thanks for the quick reply, i guess thats the next step.