1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please with the Yamada dvx-6600

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by paul248, Nov 14, 2004.

1. paul248

paul248 Member

Hi there.
    I have just bought the Yamada DVX-6600, and I am new to this type of dvd player.
    Could you please tell me two things, 1. when I use the zoom I am left with two icons on screen--the zoom size and a screen icon at the bottom of the tv screen, How can I remove these while watching a film.
    2. I have been hearing a lot about updating firmware for the player, I know nothing about this or how to do it, could sombody explain please.

2. shytalks

shytalks Guest

Hi Paul
    I am suffering from the same problem as you. I have downloaded the firmware update from yamada which as a 2003 date it but i still cant get rid of the icons . any body out can you help !

3. shytalks

shytalks Guest

4. paul248

paul248 Member

Hi.
    Many thanks for the reply,
    Can you help on this one ?? the file I have downloaded and unziped is DVX600 V4.ISO, I also have V5.ISO.
    When I tried to load V5 the player was not able to read the disk, I did follow the instructions to the letter, I am using ROXIO EASY CD & DVD CREATOR 6
    Any ideas on this one ??
    Many thanks