1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help please

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by kinel, Oct 24, 2003.

1. kinel

kinel Regular member

i already know how to back up my ps2 games so ime gonna buy a x box today but i dont have a clue what i need to plat my back up copies so can some one tell me a good chip what dosent need to be soldered as i cant solderor is tere a swap magic disk and flip top cover for the x box as there is one for ps2 what will boot games nd is it hard to bbot games and wil a brand nw xbox only work with a certain chip and could u also tell me a site to buy the chip in the uk sorry thread is so long cheers in advance

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Chameleon chip w/ solderless adapter. Will work with any version except the v1.5 Xbox's. There's no way to get around soldering with the v1.5 Xbox.
    Don't know of any places in the UK, sorry.
    Also no need for any type of swap disc. Once your chip is installed and flashed wit an Evox or X2 bios your Xbox will read back ups.
    RustyDog

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2003
  3. kinel

kinel Regular member

how do i find out the versin

4. GetModded

GetModded Guest

5. kinel

kinel Regular member

Once your chip is installed and flashed wit an Evox or X2 bios your Xbox will read back ups.
    sorry but what is evox and x2 bios and where do i get it from sorry about the silly questions but i is well confused i think ile be buying a version 1.5 as some ones buyingme one today brand new so i guess i have to tryand get a sloder vesion then i defently cant ger a no solder for that vesio

6. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Most chips now come preflashed with a Linux bios which will allow you to reflash a hacked bios on it. For legal reason they can't put the hacked bios on the chip to sell.
    The original Xbox bios has a security check that checks the disc to make sure it's a signed game disc from M$. The hacked bios doesn't which allows unsigned homemade disc's to load. Back Ups or Apps.
    Going by Xbox versions:
    v1: filled LPC holes on the motherboard, any no solder chip will work.
    v1.1: empty LPC holes, you'll either need to fill them with solder for use with any no solder chip or use the chameleon no solder adapter. It includes rivets to drop in the LPC holes instead of soldering.
    v1.2-1.3: same as v1.1 but the D0 spot on the motherboard moved.
    v1.4: same as v1.2-1.3 but only the EvoxM7 bios works.
    v1.5: same as v1.4 but you will need to solder 2 extra wires from the motherboard to the LPC for Ground and 3.3volts.

RustyDog

7. kinel

kinel Regular member

sorry but none of that makes any sence to me i take it if a buy a brand new x box i can use i no solder chip but i have to solder some holes inis that right sorry to be a newsence man the ps2 was easy to get to workthis seems well complicated

8. GetModded

GetModded Guest

It's not very complicated once you start doing it.
    For a No Solder Chip to work you'll need to find out what version Xbox it is. Then you can decide on a no solder chip. Some No Solder chips will only work with certian version XBox's and none will work with the v1.5 as completely Solderless.
    If the LPC holes are empty then you have to fill them with solder or use the Chameleon No Solder adapter which includes rivets to put in the holes.
    RustyDog

9. kinel

kinel Regular member

ime sure its a v1.5 so that means i need a chameleon could any one tell us a sight in england where to order it from

10. snowbdrtk

snowbdrtk Member

A great place to go to get your box modded is www.baldbouncer.co.uk thats the website but the man lives in UK so you can go there just to get his address so you can take your box in. He does it in 15 minutes and tests it while your there.