1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help please!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by dj_storm, Dec 28, 2003.

1. dj_storm

dj_storm Member

I have fitted 2 new drives (see spec in sig)and I'm having problems.
    I have tried burning on the fly dvd-r to dvd-r with nero6 with 4 speed disks but its taking like 40mins (and then failing).I also tried burning a data disk(700mb cd) at x48 with the lite-on and it takes 5mins ,is this right ? (I thought it should be about 2.5mins).
    I have also done the tried and trusted method of reading and writing with dvd decrypter but I'm only getting a read spead of x2 with the lite-on and x3 with the 106. WHY??

Last edited: Dec 28, 2003
  2. whassup

whassup Regular member

First of all, I'm assuming the DVD you're backing up is less than 4.489 GB?

Second, I don't know about the LG drive but the Pioneer 106 is set at reading commercial DVD's at 2X. I see you've got the hacked firmware which is * supposed * to let you read at up to 12x. But... it is hacked...

Just back it up to your HD first.

For you CD burning, you sure you got 48x CD-R's?

3. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold] when burnin dvd try burnin it at 2x or less. also give record now a try, it only took me less than a minute to burn a data disc.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

when burning on the fly, the source drive has to read some number times the speed burning at (don't remember how many times). That is why it doesn't work, the source is too slow. Just make an image then burn it.

5. dj_storm

dj_storm Member

I've been using the same methods for about 1 year without problem.

ie: burning on the fly and reading and writing images with dvd decrypter.

It's only since I changed both drives last week that I've been having problems.Both were installed as the previous were (on seperate IDE channels , both set to master)
    Both drives are only reading dvd images at x2 or x3 were as before I was able to read at x16

ps; its official pioneer firmware and the read speed should be x12.(as on the box ;) )
    the lite-on should be reading at x16