1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help please

Discussion in 'PS2' started by joel39452, May 31, 2004.

1. joel39452

joel39452 Member

i am new at all this. i was wondering what software to get to backup my games. also there is some software that claims to be able to burn dvd and cd games on a cd burner. is that true? or scam.
    and where can i get a mod chip and can i put it in my self? or do i need a pro to do it for me.
    thanks and i would appreciate any info. thanks.

2. psx245

psx245 Regular member

to burn dvd's you need a dvd burner but you can dvd rip it with cd burner which i don't recommend. cd burner just burns cd.

3. joel39452

joel39452 Member

thank you for your response. not sure i know the difference between rip and burn.lol. if you could tell me the difference, i would appreciate it..but ill take your word on not recomending it..
    what is the best software to get and where can i get it. is it sold in any store or do i have to download it from the internet?
    what is the best mod chip. i dont want to waste my money on on that is not good.ive looked at the magic v, and 3.1,the messiah, and the x-chip. like the price if the 3.1 but if it aint good then..... and one more question..sorry...lol.. what is a game enhancer set and will i need one.. thank you very much

4. miry2j

miry2j Member

I have used the swap magic disc method and have never had a problem with it. I have heard with the mod chip you cannot play online. You can with the swap magic.
    Also always used dvd decrypter and have backed up over 24 games without a problem.

5. joel39452

joel39452 Member

thanks for the info..
    with dvd decryptor do you need a dvd burner or can you use a cd. does it work with cd based games. or just dvd..or both? thank you...

6. miry2j

miry2j Member

I ahve never copied cd based games so I could'nt tell you.

7. ellizit

ellizit Guest

For CD based games I just use Nero. Seems to work fine with the "Disc to Disc" copy feature. I like to burn at 4x, and just because it's me, I never do it on the fly.

8. billz

billz Active member

dvdrips are ripped down version of orginal dvd games minus some video,sounds,music....etc whatever it takes to fit it to cd

As for what mod to get, how much are you willing to spend and what version ps2 do you have?

If your going to backup ps2 games you should seriously invest in a dvdburner or aleast use a friends until you can afford one.Most and almost all new ps2 games are on dvd.

Some software that is good for backing up ps2 games include: nero,alchol 120,and my personal favorite record now. Whatever you do don't purchase that software that say burn dvd games to cd.There's no easy way to do it and with missing features you often are taken out of the game quickly

9. joel39452

joel39452 Member

thamk yall for your information i appreciate it. but there is one thing i still need to know..
    am i going to have to downlad the software from yhe intenet or can i buy it from best buy or someother store like that..where can i find out about this record now? thank you

10. joel39452

joel39452 Member

oh and how do i know what version ps2 i have???
    thanks

11. miry2j

miry2j Member

You can get dvd decrypter from this site as far as the version just do a search on this website.