1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help..please?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by scott565, Mar 7, 2005.

1. scott565

scott565 Member

I just backed up my copy of sid meires Pirates, and well my ex took the real copy, well heres the problem, everyting extracted and burned fine
    but during the installation process, the #1 cd installs fine but once it says but in cd #2 it wont find it...so therefore I cant complete the installation. the autorun file IS on cd 2...so whats the problem???

thank you in advnace

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

disc2 probably is a bad burn, even though everything burned fine it probably didn't as I had this happen to me several times. I would bet its the media you used.

I would suggest kissing butt to get the originals back for awhile, and who knows...maybe the grownup thing :D

3. scott565

scott565 Member

well I tried installing my other back up ( command and conquer generals ) and its doig the EXACT same thing. 1st cd is fine 2nd cd will not start to install...what can I do? the files are there!

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

since disc2 has no protection (command and conquer generals) you can try this

Put the disc in and open or explore the cd/copy the the files to a newly created folder. Once all the files are in the new folder you can open nero and select data cd. open the new folder (do not copy the whole folder over just the data thats in it) drag and drop that data and burn at,..uumm..lets just go with the slowest speedd and see if this works.

any questions feel free to ask