1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by BigWang, Mar 31, 2005.

1. BigWang

BigWang Member

I recently purchased a flip top for my version 9 ps2 and attempted to burn dvds several different ways, every time coming up with the same problem: the swap magic was saying "not a valid ps2 disc" at the load screen. Now, I have been burning with DVD Decrypter and I even tried a 1:1 record with Nero, both times getting nothing. I am using Memorex DVD-r's. Does anyone know anything else I could be doing wrong?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Try better discs like verbatim or sony.

Just to get it straight, swap magic does load, and you put in the backup using the fliptop right?

3. BigWang

BigWang Member

Yeah I'm using the Flip top and swap magic is getting to the "load program" screen. BUt from there it says my backups are not valid ps2 discs. Now, with my 1:1 copy that i did with Nero i can load it if i use the CD swap magic disc, do a TOC refresh with a higher TOC disc, and throw in the backup. Could there be a problem with my swap DVD disc?

4. BigWang

BigWang Member

And also, does anyone know how i can play burned movies on my ps2 as well? I burned several movies to FujiFilm DVD+R's using DVD decrypter. They work fine on my computer but dont work at all on my swap magic, even with a TOC refresh. Is it common to have to use a TOC refresh every time you want to load burned games/movies with swap magic?

5. jonels

jonels Regular member

are you pressing "x" to load the backups ?

6. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

backup movies do not require SM, just load them like the original movies.

7. Legir

Legir Member

You can always test an original CD/DVD game with swap magic just to see if you can get that to work.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  8. BigWang

BigWang Member

Alright, if i use better discs like verbatims or sonys, will that allow me to then not do a stupid TOC refresh every time i want to boot my backups? Also, is it better to burn with dvd decrypter or a straight copy with Nero?