1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by honners, Jan 9, 2007.

1. honners

honners Member

Saw on another thread that UMD emulator is old now - what should I be using?
    Also, I'm using UMD emulator playing Tiger Woods 06 - played for hours, got to a certain level, now I play one shot at the next level and the PSP freezes then shuts down - any ideas? Cheers

2. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

LOL - wow you've been away for quite sometime haven't you :)

Depends what you are looking for out of your PSP as to what you should be using. You obviously haven't tried playing any newer games or you would have run into problems.

3. gzach

gzach Regular member

try devhook 0.52 or 3.03 OE-A

4. honners

honners Member

LOL - yes I have !! A baby got in the way ! I loaded a new game the other day (not mine), and it asked me to upgrade before it would play, so I didn't. I just want to be able to get games and play them, and possibly buy some new ones and play them too - surely not asking too much?

5. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

well the latest thing is custom firmware 3.03OEA which will allow you have 1.5 and 3.03 firmware combined into 1 firmware so you can run all game backups, homebrew, and PS1 games straight from the XMB.

Some people though don't want to install custom firmware cos the very slight risk of bricking their PSP. But I have had no problem, and I love it.

If you want it get the easy installer here

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/999

6. gzach

gzach Regular member

yeah he's rite, 3.03 OE-A is the best, i've no problems installing it or using it

7. honners

honners Member

Excellent, cheers - I think I'll give that a go !