1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help please...

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by xxkerryxx, Jan 11, 2007.

1. xxkerryxx

xxkerryxx Member

Hi

I have a unmodded ps2 and have got a backup copy of Swap magic...however its come in ISO and Elf file....whats a Elf file and how do i burn it so i can use the disc on my ps2 to play backup games?

2. xxkerryxx

xxkerryxx Member

i have heard you can do it using memory card explit and cogswap but could someone tell me how please?

3. Xplaya

Xplaya Guest

Well you cant really do anything with and unmodded ps2 and a backup copy of swap magic. U need an original copy. Or get a modchip or any other way to boot backups.

And yes there is an exploit for the mem card. But you need to be able to play backups first to intsall the exploit.

In simpler words. U have to buy the original swap magic, modchip etc.

4. nixz

nixz Regular member

or you could do the code breaker exploit where you have a store bought copy of codebreaker and transfer an exploit from your pc to your PS2 via USB which is accessed through Codebreaker.

5. hackerspl

hackerspl Member

OR if you already have, lets say a Gameshark or a Action Replay (Any kind), you can just boot that up, and mark No Codes Active and then insert your CD with your Memory Card exploit and run it. It should then boot up and install the files.

Also take a look at http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/109289
    That shows you how to make the exploit, and what ELF files are. You can make any homebrew app if you know how to and also install it the same way.

EDIT: Also, i forgot to mention you have to remove the GameShark or Action Replay disc WITHOUT your PS2 knowing...Refer to my guide on how to do this EASY >> http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/449803

Good Luck

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007